Cessna Valve Information

/ Cessna Valve Information #1  

Aguanga

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
I was given a 2 spool Cessna valve and trying to figure out if it would work well to set up TNT on my 3ph. My biggest concerns are whether it is open center, what and where to order the power beyond plug (it is currently plugged), and what the flow rate is. The casting has the following number stamped on the back/bottom (opposite side of work ports): 30542-6C.

I couldn't even find a website for Cessna... are they owned by another hydraulics company that is still using their name on products?

/ Cessna Valve Information #2  
Do a google search for Eaton-Cessna, or just Eaton.

/ Cessna Valve Information
kennyd said:
Do a google search for Eaton-Cessna, or just Eaton.

Thanks for your help Kenny!! Eaton doesn't exactly advertise the Cessna brand, but the model comes up on their line sheet.

My tractor specs out at providing 4.1 GPM to the auxilliary hydraulics (after the Power steering takes its share). This valve is 15 GPM.... I'm suspecting that the flow rate will make it difficult to control slower and more precise (desired) movement of the TNT. What do you guys think? Should I install "orifices" and if so do they come in different sizes and what size should I start with?

Thanks again for all of the great advice from you guys!

/ Cessna Valve Information #4  
The 15 GPM valve will work fine on your machine, no orifices are required. The rating just tells you how much fluid can pass through the valve body.