cessna valve

/ cessna valve #1  

trialsguy

Silver Member
Tractor
YM226D
I have a valve that I want to use for a log splitter that I am putting together.
Its a cessna valve and I am sorry I am at work and cant remember the exact number but it is something like 3051-12c I know the first part is not right but am positive that the 12c is correct, is there a chance that the 12c would indicate gpm flow?

It has marked on the valve body a "in" and a "out" and "A"
will this work for a splitter?

/ cessna valve #2  
Need a little for info...Accurate part number would help.

/ cessna valve
Yes good info would help, closest I can get right now is a picture but after doing a little studying on here I don't think it will work for me. I picked up a couple valves a while back thinking I would hang on to them for a splitter project but I don't think they will work because I don't have enough ports to hook into. I have a much larger valve that is double lever but I know one of the levers wont operate the valve properly

splittervalve002.jpg

/ cessna valve #4  
   / cessna valve
You know I havent really got into pricing things and didnt realize they were as low as 60 bucks. I have never used one with a return but if it had it I wonder if I would use it that much? I am trying to think how much I let the ram go all the way back, but just far enough to clear the log then hold the log with one hand and the lever with the other. By myself I can see where it would be helpful while I was getting another log it would be ready to split.

Thanks

/ cessna valve #6  
Log splitter valves are cheap, because they make a lot of them. and they do the job that they are designed for.

/ cessna valve #7  
Yes good info would help, closest I can get right now is a picture but after doing a little studying on here I don't think it will work for me. I picked up a couple valves a while back thinking I would hang on to them for a splitter project but I don't think they will work because I don't have enough ports to hook into. I have a much larger valve that is double lever but I know one of the levers wont operate the valve properly

splittervalve002.jpg

That looks like it may be for a SA (single acting) cylinder. Do you even know if it's an Open Center valve?

Buying used valves is a crap shoot at best. Often they are labeled or numbered with the part #'s of the OEM company that where made for and you can NEVER get any info on them.

Example: Husco make most valves for Kubota machines...say you find one at a yard sale, or even need a part for one and you call them up-as soon as you tell them the numbers on the valve they will not talk to you anymore and refer you to Kubota. Most likely a Kubota dealer cannot tell you if it's Open Center, Tandem Center, ect...

Like JJ showed you, new splitter valves are just to cheap not to get one.

/ cessna valve
I have built and fabricated many things but this is the first for Hydraulics so I am a eager student of the forum. And for 60 buck you can bet I will get one ordered. This is a great site for information.

I found the manual for the ingersol tractor and found that the pump puts out 8 gpm @3000psi just a little more info

/ cessna valve #9  
At least now you can casually mention that you own "part of a biz jet" :D

/ cessna valve #10  

splittervalve002.jpg

That valve came off the lift circuit of a forklift, I almost guarantee it. I have a couple of them. Cessna is a very popular manufacturer for them.

Like Kenny said, get a new one. Detent on the return is almost mandatory.