Chaging Quick Couplers

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #1  

CaptPat

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1840M
I have a Top N Tilt kit with 3/8 Ag style quick couplers, my tractor has 1/2" Ag style quick couplers (fyi the hose is 3/8"). Will something like a Parker PTR fitting 1/2 x 3/8 do the trick?
SCR-20230810-aat.png

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #2  
If you are looking for an NPT reducer then yes it should work

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #3  
   / Chaging Quick Couplers
Thanks, I'll be replacing 6602-6-6 connectors with 6602-8-10, both of which are NPT. Just to confirm since these are NPT they need to be assembled with some sort of threat sealant (e.g., Loctite or teflon tape)?

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #5  
Depends on if they are 'dryseal threads' or not. NPT can be either way actually. Check with your supplier to find out.

If you do use sealing tape, be sure not to apply the tape to the threads at the very end or overlap the orifice as the tape will get in the system and possibly ruin the pump.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #6  
LocTite 545 is the one for hydraulic NPT threads. Teflon tape and dope just lubricate the threads so you can get them tighter, they don't seal at hydraulic pressures. You may be able to get the fittings tight enough to seal but in m experience it's not easy. The 545 is an actual sealant.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #7  
I use Detroit Diesel Anerobic sealant myself but you cannot buy it at a local store. Must come from an authorized DDEC dealer.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers
Yup, not a fan of Teflon tape for this application, I'll be using Loctite 545.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #9  
You can buy DDE products. Readily available for anyone that wants to trade their first born and a gallon of blood. He's not building an engine, just trying to keep fittings from leaking. I use PST and have never had any issues with it.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #10  
You can buy DDEC products. Readily available for anyone that wants to trade their first born and a gallon of blood. He's not building an engine, just trying to keep fittings from leaking. I use PST and have never had any issues with it.
Fixed it for you and a tube isn't that costly either and a tube will last you a very long time. Just bought a full tube last month and it was 6 bucks retail. Of course you won't find it in a box store or online (well maybe).

Amazing stuff with many uses, not just for thread sealing. You can use it as a gasket maker as well and it's solvent, fuel and diesel resistant.