Chaging Quick Couplers

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #11  
You can find literally anything online. Including this.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #12  
LocTite 545 is the one for hydraulic NPT threads. Teflon tape and dope just lubricate the threads so you can get them tighter, they don't seal at hydraulic pressures. You may be able to get the fittings tight enough to seal but in m experience it's not easy. The 545 is an actual sealant.
I agree that this is the way to go. Teflon tape works well on softer fittings like brass or if you put a steel fitting in aluminum but steel on steel (especially stainless) needs a sealant. The cheaper China made fittings that I have gotten don't seem to have a good thread form and tend to gall before they seal even though they appear tight. 545 helps in this regard.

/ Chaging Quick Couplers #13  
I'd go with an anaerobic thread sealant if you can easily get it. An alternative, that I have used when I didn't have the anaerobic sealant is Rectorseal 5, a slow (and soft) setting tread sealant. It requires probably 24 hour or longer cure time before you put hydraulic pressures to it, but for NPT-NPT or NPT-NPTF connections it has worked for me, and it's available in most of the big-box stores. Like any thread sealant, be sure to keep it away from the first couple of threads of the male end of the connection.