CHAIN DRAG HARROW

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #11  
I looked at the ebay store before buying my 8x8 from a local dealer for $500 even. Ebay is not always a better deal. Apart from the super model that Lone Cowboy gave a link to (and which I wish I had noticed before ordering a conventional one), all chain harrows are basically the same, with some range of quality but not a very wide range.

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #12  
I love my chain harrow. It is a "Maybridge" harrow I believe. 8'8" square and I drag it with a smaller tractor than you - Kubota L3400 with no problems at all.

I find that this size is perfect. Good size for doing the pastures and not too big for the arena.

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #13  
I am trying to find something better than the one at this link, but have not yet. I may end up getting one to do some fall smoothing of 10 acres and clover planting of about 50 acres. I need something that will knock down old gopher mounds from many years, and this one looks heavy enough to do that even in grassy areas.

The fact that it is made within 120 miles of me is a plus also.

Anyone heard of these?

http://www.martensmfg.com/files/3point_brochure.pdf

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #14  
ScottOkla said:
I am trying to find something better than the one at this link, but have not yet. I may end up getting one to do some fall smoothing of 10 acres and clover planting of about 50 acres. I need something that will knock down old gopher mounds from many years, and this one looks heavy enough to do that even in grassy areas.

The fact that it is made within 120 miles of me is a plus also.

Anyone heard of these?

http://www.martensmfg.com/files/3point_brochure.pdf

Anybody else have any feedback on one of these?
3 Point

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #15  
I ordered one last week and they finished it yesterday.

I should get it next week, and maybe try it out a few days after that. I'll post something then.

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #16  
flINTLOCK said:
I'm interested in chain drag harrow 6-7' wide by 8-10' long with support frame carried by 3-pt hitch. Any thoughts on how big a chain harrow you could carry with NH TC40 hitch.

It's likely your 3pt can actually pick up more drag that you can easilly drag... etc..

soundguy

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #18  
Just get some diamond harrows and be done with it. They will do just what you are looking for for results.:D :D :D

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW #19  
ScottOkla said:
I ordered one last week and they finished it yesterday.

I should get it next week, and maybe try it out a few days after that. I'll post something then.

Please do. Much appreciated.

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW
I bought the Wingfield 3-pt drag harrow in April. Has worked well to scour surface, loosen rocks, pulverize weeds, etc, for food plots. Added large truck tire to increase effect. Love it, especially for areas that have too many rocks for disc.