Tiller Chain drive lube

/ Chain drive lube #21  
There's two kinds of motorcycle chain lube- dirt and street. Street chain lube is sticky so it won't get flung off at high speed. Dirt chain lube is less sticky since chain speeds are lower and sticky lube will attract dirt which wears the chain and sprockets.

Never heard that and I've been riding since I was 12 (I'm now 63).

I've given up on chain lubes on my motorcycles. I'd rather ride than clean and lube a chain.

X or O-ring chains are lubed inside. Externally, sure some lube is beneficial but not worth the effort on my part when I can buy a new chain and both sprockets for $100.00 or so! I get around 15,000 miles on these chains depending on how much I ride in the dirt or on the tarmac.

If the chain gets really dirty, I'll give it a power wash with WD40 and call it good.

Back in the day when I was racing MX, we had no sealed chains. So, the chain would get power washed on the way home at the car wash, then removed and thrown in a pan of drain oil to be ready for next weekends races!!

/ Chain drive lube #22  
My buhler farm king is a chain drive and it has a grease zerk on top of the chain housing that i just pump regular grease into once in a while.

/ Chain drive lube #23  
Hi Folks,

Anyone have a lube that they swear by for chain drive on their tiller?

I have a Land Pride RGA 1258 tiller. Need to do a service (overdue) and the manual specs 80-90w for the gear box, simple enough and readily available, but the chain drive is needing Shell Gadus V220-00 "flowable grease", or Land Pride #821-045C...?. I've checked with my local auto parts place (Not a NAPA or Autozone...local guy that can usually get me ANYTHING) and Tractor supply..... They've never heard of it and the interweb doesn't offer any equals to them... Do I just have to suck it up and order online or go to my nearest Land Pride dealer (Hour away)?

Also curious if anyone has a go to for replacement teeth and drag shoes for Land Pride tillers... I figured on buying online, but want to keep it simple, so if anyone has a reliable supplier, I'd rather go through someone I can trust.

Thanks!

Mike
Tillermaxx.com has the tiller tines From the OEM manufacture.
The Flowing Grease is EP-00. It is also called Cornhead Grease or Cotton Spindle Grease. Tractor supply has the EP-00 grease # 105682899

/ Chain drive lube #24  
"If the chain gets really dirty, I'll give it a power wash with WD40 and call it good."

I like that! ----Also my take.

I 'power wash' my PTO couplings that way and never a problem coupling up.
When I snow plow contracted I'd 'power wash' my hydraulic couplers B4 and after and never had problems.

The WD trick flushes all and any grime and crap making life much easier and at affordable price.
Also, I use it from time to time on all my air tools, inside to feed the O-rings, and externally to clean all and any accumulated crap.
For sure on a roofing nail gun it does a superb job of clean up.