Chain hooks on bucket

/ Chain hooks on bucket #11  
I used the same hooks you did and just put them where the hook fit the bend in the top of the bucket, no cutting and still use the cheep chain hooks.:thumbsup:

/ Chain hooks on bucket #12  
most people cut the eye (round end) of the chain hook off before welding it to bucket, therby only being able to hook a chain to it. If you have the round left on it will still hook a chain but will also have a round ring to hook rachet straps or bungee cords also

/ Chain hooks on bucket #13  
I welded hooks on my bucket as well but after seeing other buckets with hooks that were bent, I first welded a piece of 3/16" x 2" angle across the bucket the welded the hooks to that. Bucket hasn't bent yet.

/ Chain hooks on bucket #14  
I welded hooks on my bucket as well but after seeing other buckets with hooks that were bent, I first welded a piece of 3/16" x 2" angle across the bucket the welded the hooks to that. Bucket hasn't bent yet.

Yea, one hook in the middle as the only attach point and a heavy load........bucket isnt designed for that. I like 3 hooks. Each end and a middle one. Middle hook is for light stuff ONLY. Heavy stuff gets hooked to BOTH outers.

/ Chain hooks on bucket #15  
This is what has been working for me for 10 years.

Attachments

• (Medium).jpg
    (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 275
  • fff (Medium).jpg
    fff (Medium).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 262
  • ffff (Medium).jpg
    ffff (Medium).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 294
   / Chain hooks on bucket #16  
If you weld regular chain hooks onto the bucket...leave the eye portion of the hook alone. It works excellent for hooking cables without the risk of cutting them like the chain hook portion would.

/ Chain hooks on bucket #17  
This is what has been working for me for 10 years.

Casco - good ideas - i'd say you're Kubota is all hooked up - or well hooked and ready for chains.

/ Chain hooks on bucket #18  
Hooks on buckets are handy. I had a chain hook just laying around and I decided to weld it on the bucket of my home made excavator. I just left the ears on and just welded it right on. Taking the ears off would have been better but oh well it's working fine.

I figured it would come in handy some day. And it did. A few months ago me and my dad were taking out fence posts and straightening some out. He wrapped the chain around the poles and hooked the chain to the hook on the bucket and I lifted the poles out of the ground.

After we got the poles out, we went on to straightening the leaning poles. I dug around them and he wrapped the chain around the poles and once again hooked it to the bucket hook and I pulled them back straight.

The excavator held them upright while we threw some rocks down in the hole and packed dirt around it.

I will never do without a bucket hook ever again. lol

If I ever buy a mini excavator, and it doesn't have any hooks on the bucket. You better bet, I'm gonna welds a hook or 2 on right away. lol

Chad