Chain saw mounted sawmills

/ Chain saw mounted sawmills #11  
I use a simple homebuilt device to cut logs into lumber with. It's sorta like a beam machine. Picture attached.:D

Attachments

• aaaaa.JPG
    aaaaa.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 334
  • husky saw.JPG
    husky saw.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 492
   / Chain saw mounted sawmills
Good God Egon. I'm sure there is no warping in your beam. How do you get it onto the log? Looks like it takes about 2 men and a bulldog. :D Great tool and I'm sure from your woodworking post it works.

Thanks for sharing it, EL.

/ Chain saw mounted sawmills #13  
The beam is not all that heavy. It is made from 3/4 inch plywood. It screws onto the log.

I have also made a frame for smaller logs so they could be squared up. picture attached.:D :D

Attachments

• lumber mill 1.JPG
    lumber mill 1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 561
   / Chain saw mounted sawmills
Thanks Egon. Now that I can see it more clearly it makes sense. At first I thought it was a slightly rusted I beam you had modified. :rolleyes:

That is what is so great about the members & guest on this site...everyone has a question and someone else has already been there and are willing to share. :D Thank you, EL.

/ Chain saw mounted sawmills #15  
how do you sharpen your chain Egon? or do you get a ripping chain?

/ Chain saw mounted sawmills #16  
I have an 18" and 24 " bar with rip chains for both. The sharpening is done by myself freehand. Every so often when tired or if I get some mud in the bark the chain will be sharpened improperly. Then I take it into the shop and have it done properly. The shop used charges about six dollars for a chain.:D :D :D

PS: seems I get tired quite often!:mad: :mad: :mad:

There has been the odd time I use a dremel tool for sharpening but I do not like doing it this way.:D