Chain saw

/ Chain saw #1  

unreconstructed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325 JD 5203 JD 2320 LT 133
I think I am going to twist off and buy a new chain saw--a green one. I think 16-18 inch, not a light duty nor heavy but somewhere in between. Any input you fellas have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Gary.

/ Chain saw #2  
I've owned chain saws for over twenty five years. The best I owned and still run now are Jonsered.

/ Chain saw #3  
I have Jonsered who now also owns Husqvarna. Both highly recommended along with Stihl................none are green!
Red, orange, and red and white

/ Chain saw #4  
Ive got a Stihl 028 for smaller jobs and a 046Magnum for logger wannabe tree cutting.
The small saw seems like the rpm could be a tad higher and seems lean running---Im gonna do some power tweaking to it...maybe hog out the muffler port and see what happens..
The big one is so darn fast and torquey, you coould burn up bars and chains if used improperly---it spins at 13,500 rpm wide open...
Echo looks like a pretty good saw too...

/ Chain saw #5  
Search for Stihl and look at the thread Re:Stihl Chainsaws and prices on the second page. Everyone loves stihl saws. If the green is a poulan, I had one and it broke the third time I used it. I'm saving up for a Stihl.

/ Chain saw #6  
It would appear that the green saws are a consumer type saw which should be no problem, I have a consumer 025 Sthil that is four years old and has cut alot of Mesquite and Honey Locus trees and still going strong.
I also have a MS260 which is a professional model and they are two different saws.
As long as the consumables ( chains, bars, sprockets/rims) are easy to get then why not green.

/ Chain saw
The green I was looking at is John Deere--I forgot about the Poulan's being green. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Chain saw #8  
We've had a CS-40 and CS-56 (I think) for 2 1/2 years with no problems. They are made in Italy by a well respected company. The 1st year we ran them hard. Not professionals, but I think we burned 10-15 gallons of premix. I prefer the CS-40 due to its lighter weight. Both start and run flawlessly.

Now that the trees are mostly trimmed, I use them for firewood and minor trimming.

For the price, I can't believe their as good as they've been.
Kyle

/ Chain saw
Thanks Kyle. I have been looking at both of those.

/ Chain saw #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The green I was looking at is John Deere--I forgot about the Poulan's being green. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>

The John Deere <font color="green"> </font> Green was what I was refering too.
I wouldn't wish one of these new "wild thing" Poulans on anybody.