chain saws

/ chain saws #21  
I run both Stihl and HUsky saws and both are great!
You've got plenty of good advice on the Stihl saws, but if you're interested in Huskys - check out Bailey's -- Bailey's Husqvarna Chainsaw, Logging and Woodsman Supply They're a profesional logger supply company and I've had nothing but good luck dealing with them. Their catalog also specs out the different models at the bottom of the pages so you can compare weight, HP, recommended bar length, etc...

I've also heard good things about the Echo saws but have no experience with them.

good luck!

/ chain saws #22  
I also was chain saw shopping and did a lot research (internet) and user opinion polling by actual owners (friends, neighbors & forum users). I went with the Husky 353 & the Husky 372 XP from Norwalk Power. They offered the best bang for the buck. I was thinking Dolmar 5100 & 7900 but their very limited dealer support and service network convinced me to go with the Husky's. I liked the 346 XP & 357 XP but went with the 353 for strictly a dollar savings since I was buying 2 saws. Thanks DaddyRabbit for your valuable input.

/ chain saws #23  
love my 372!
use it with a 32" bar and ripping chain and it does a very good job of turning round oak into rough planks and beams!

/ chain saws #24  
No Prob Sarge, I'm glad you like it. Now roll that beautiful bean footage w/some pics.

4sarge said:
I also was chain saw shopping and did a lot research (internet) and user opinion polling by actual owners (friends, neighbors & forum users). I went with the Husky 353 & the Husky 372 XP from Norwalk Power. They offered the best bang for the buck. I was thinking Dolmar 5100 & 7900 but their very limited dealer support and service network convinced me to go with the Husky's. I liked the 346 XP & 357 XP but went with the 353 for strictly a dollar savings since I was buying 2 saws. Thanks DaddyRabbit for your valuable input.