Chain Storage

/ Chain Storage #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I have a 4320 and was wondering if anyone had a good idea where to store tow chain on the tractor. I know that JD has a tool box that attaches to the front of the tractor, but I really don't like that option.
The dealer said not to weld on the tractor cause it would void the warranty do to all of the electronics. This really limits my ideas. I have seen what others have done on different tractors but would like to see what could be done on a 4020 series..

Thanks
Dave

/ Chain Storage #2  
I have a 4320 and was wondering if anyone had a good idea where to store tow chain on the tractor. I know that JD has a tool box that attaches to the front of the tractor, but I really don't like that option.
The dealer said not to weld on the tractor cause it would void the warranty do to all of the electronics. This really limits my ideas. I have seen what others have done on different tractors but would like to see what could be done on a 4020 series..

Thanks
Dave
My tractor has the battery box and weight bracket bolted to the front of the frame below the radiator. I find that the hooks on the chain slip over the top of the steel that the bracket is made out of. I just wrap the chain around the weight bracket just behind the weights, in front of the battery box no box required.

This photo shows the bracket. It makes the chain very easy access. I use it a lot.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 508
   / Chain Storage #3  
Someone described putting chain in the cross-tube open part of the FEL - making some sort of cap to hold it I presume. Don't know if it would work.

/ Chain Storage #4  
I recommend a piece of PVC pipe attached to the loader vertical frame. Use a cap on the bottom with some drain holes drilled in it, or cut some thick plywood to cap it.
The chain(s) fall right inside and the hooks hook on the top lip.Even takes paint.Maybe like mine there are some avail holes predrilled to bolt it on with

/ Chain Storage #5  
Running a quick-hitch/I-match style? If so its a good place to add up to 4 boxes---see pic. Good luck.

Attachments

• chainboxafter.jpg
    chainboxafter.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 875
   / Chain Storage
Now thats a good idea. I had a quick hitch but sold it with my other tractor. I now have the expandable lower links which I think work much better. They seem to be less effort to connect to my implements. I guess I could but a chain box on all of them.

/ Chain Storage #7  
I recommend a piece of PVC pipe attached to the loader vertical frame. Use a cap on the bottom with some drain holes drilled in it, or cut some thick plywood to cap it.
The chain(s) fall right inside and the hooks hook on the top lip.Even takes paint.Maybe like mine there are some avail holes predrilled to bolt it on with

Built one today! Works great! Thanks for the idea.
Jim

/ Chain Storage #8  
dj1701,If you could do a picture I would appreciate it ,I have been trying to find where you set your pipe and what diamater/ length.What a great Idea

/ Chain Storage #10  

Attachments

• DCP_0828.JPG
    DCP_0828.JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 582
  • DCP_0829.JPG
    DCP_0829.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 531
  • DCP_0830.JPG
    DCP_0830.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 471
  • DCP_0831.JPG