CHAINED UP!!!!!!

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #21  
Thats the nice thing about this board. We can all agree to agree or agree to disagree. No problems./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The best thing is all the information I've learned off the posts on this board. It helps to have a bunch of different opinions to sometimes open my mind alittle. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #22  
gerard,
Now why are you playing in the mud. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
I agree about chains in mud...got to have them!!

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #23  
<font color=red>I don't know what someone without a band saw or vise is supposed to do.</font color=red>

I used a set of bolt cutters to make a set for my Ingersoll. I cut down a set from my fathers old farmall. I put them together with some "Monkey Links"[I do not know if they still make them, but my father had boxes of them]

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #24  
<font color=red>If you should go back to school for spelling lesson look me up,for we could be class mates</font color=red>

Sine me up /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #25  
Yep could almost see it know. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
Bunch of us tractor owners taking spelling class..heck we would be talking about tractors instead of paying attendion, {not unless Muhammad was the teacher /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif}and if we should happen to cut class where would we go /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif...ahhh yes a tractor dealer of coarse. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #26  
I think I would have been pretty annoyed too if I wasn't expecting to have to fiddle around and cut the chains to fit. There is a difference between "they'll fit out of the box" and "you'll have to do some adjusting." This is just like what happened when I bought a finish mower last summer. Somewhere along the way I had already learned that you have to cut the pto shaft to make it fit. I spent some time with a neighbors help trimming the shaft and the cover to fit but since I knew about it before hand I didn't have the surprise of an extra hour of fiddling to make it work. I had always thought when someone says, "it will fit" that doesn't mean spending an hour or two making it fit. This is a good reminder to me to clarify as much as possible what I'll have to do to make something fit or work on my tractor.
As my grandfather used to say, "if it's too short, you can just splice it. If it's too long, then what do you do?" /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
18-32934-tractorsig2.JPG

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #27  
Now darn it , I let my wife read this site and now I'm in a pickle. You had to go and say " If it's to short just splice it". For some reason she has a sly grin on her face. "OUCH" that smarts!!! Scaper

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #28  
<font color=blue>No offense guys but if you're going to be in the business I can't see where they can't fit the chain for the specific tractor and tire.</font color=blue>
Check out these .chains. Also check out the tools for fixing and fitting chains. I wonder if they make <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange> chains./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif When I ordered my chains from Tire Chains.com they fit both the front and rear tires perfectly. Only problem <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> did not leave enough room for chains on the rear tires. Oh that 's another project I need to get done.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #29  
Yep I had the same problem with the rear tires Ron. The only way that they line up with the bucket is on the narrowest width. At this width I can hardly use my three point and definitely no room for chains. I put my tires out and just have to deal with the fact that I can't get them narrow enough for 6 foot implements. It takes a couple hours to change the tire width and two people, as I have weights on my tires so I don't change them much.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ CHAINED UP!!!!!! #30  
Ron,
Well I see the problem.
Wrong color rims..should be orange. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
I do like the style of the picture on the left,wonder how they would work on rear turf tires.

If you get a chance check out Boondox rear chains..I'm still drooling over them. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif