Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #1  

jph_in_Bama

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
I am interested in knowing if I will damage my tractor if I put a chain around one or both of my lower 3 pt lifting arms and attach it to the eyelets that are provided above the pto? I want to lock the rear attachment in the up postion so that I can lower the mid mount mower with out having the rear attached implement (cutter or BB) lower at the same time. I have to use my rough cut rear mower in some places and the finish mower in other parts of my land. I am lazy and dont want to have to remove the rear implement ever time I need to use the MMM. I want to make sure that it wont cause any hydro pump problems. I wouldnt think that it would since there is no "down pressure" , but I will defer to all the experts here! Thanks

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #2  
JPH In bama...

Can't you use the three point lock....the know to the right under the seat....should work and not require chains.

Depending on the weight of the mower you might find yourself a bit light on the front.

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200
I didnt know there was a lock? I thought the knob was just for the speed of raising and lowering the hyd's? If I lock it will the mid mount mower still raise and lower?

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #4  
On my BX1800 the lock only locks the MMM in the uper position. I don't think you can lock the rear. As for hurting it, I will let others answer as I am new to 3pt hitches, but I agree with you that it seems like it should be no problem.

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #5  
If my memory hasn't failed me. ...
I tried something like that last year and if I recall
the MMM won't lower all the way down.

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #6  
Yes you can chain it up without hurting anything. Actually there are tabs up near the upper lift arms for exactly that, you remove the clevis pins that attach the links to the lift arms and pin them in the tabs. I don't know what the weight limit is though.

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #7  
jph_in_Bama please correct me if I'm wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
What I think jph_in_Bama is asking is can he chain one or two
of his lower links (the long gray arms) in the up position. His message implies that he would like to have both implements attached and ready to work without having to disconnect or reconnect anything other than removing the chain.
Chain the lower links up and the mower rear links won't go down.

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200 #8  
That's right , Dave. If the 3pt arms are chained up, the MMM won't move, unless you disconnect the arms.
Will

/ Chaining up rear hyd on BX2200
Yeah, I just found that out for myself. Thats a poor design in my opinion. Are all tractors like that?