Snow Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid?

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid? #71  
Lou, Thanks for your input! The "old days" were adventurous and hard but I would not trade them for anything. I'm just lucky I made it through those years with my body intact.

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid?
The MPC chains for the rear wheels arrived today. Delivery was supposed to be by this coming Wednesday evening, so they're at least 4 days sooner than promised. They look nice and aggressive, and came in individual canvas bags. Will try mounting soon!

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid? #73  
Spare Change; you say you are in the 'states. How about looking at Canadianchains.com. The Canuck buck is worth 30% less than the US buck. Or better said, you will pay 30% less for the chains than a Canadian would.

Thanks for the link- its Canadianchains.ca

The .com link you gave goes to a fake spam site

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid? #74  
Just my 2 cents: My little B7300, with front/rear turf tires, came with some chains for the rear tires, but not the front. While not the best set of rear chains, they definitely helped during winter months, using the 3PT snow thrower. However, after fighting 2 winters without front chains, I bought some from TireChains.com and have never looked back. The added traction the front chains give when turning on ice/snow was the main reason I purchased the chains, but now I know that when needed to slow or stop on ice, they really add grip.

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid? #75  
Just my 2 cents: My little B7300, with front/rear turf tires, came with some chains for the rear tires, but not the front. While not the best set of rear chains, they definitely helped during winter months, using the 3PT snow thrower. However, after fighting 2 winters without front chains, I bought some from TireChains.com and have never looked back. The added traction the front chains give when turning on ice/snow was the main reason I purchased the chains, but now I know that when needed to slow or stop on ice, they really add grip.

Here's 2 more cents: :2cents: Do you need weights or loader on front end? Lack of weight often means lack of traction, especially with a implement on the back that causes a light front end.

/ Chains for snow & ice -- what mistake is it most important to avoid? #76  
I would think that usualy a 3pt mounted blower would mostly be riding on the ground. Thats prob why front chains worked so well.

HAR does your b7300 have loaded rear tires?
My b8200 is getting loaded rears before the winter. I also have turf tires.