chainsaw chain

/ chainsaw chain #11  
It seems to me (as a novice cutter)There are just so many chains # out there to choose from ,it's hard for the novice to know what their buying.

Hence the sub-forum on chains for the new guys etc. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/chain/

Guide Bar & Saw Chain info explained

Anatomy of chainsaw chain

Chain ID Chart

Identifying STIHL Saw Chain

How to identify Oregon chain

just to name a few threads :2cents:

/ chainsaw chain #13  
There's my buddy xyz123! Still enjoying my little Husky topping saw.

Liking the 338xpt I have left over too.

Making me think about selling my like new solo 637 40cc TH instead. Maybe 2hrs or so on it. Just homeowner trim duties once a year.

/ chainsaw chain #14  
The safety rakers only take effect as the chain rounds the tip, and will hamper plunge cutting performance. They should have absolutely no effect on cutting along the flat edge of the bar.

This is a very common misconception (we did ten rounds in another thread recently) but you can verify this simply by examining the chain closely. The depth rakers should be coming in contact with the wood before the safety rakers when the chain is on the long edge of the bar. The safety rakers only stick past the depth rakers as the chain goes around the tip.

/ chainsaw chain #15  
s219 you do know what Vanguard chain looks like right? The safety part in on the raker itself. Not separate like other chains.

/ chainsaw chain #16  
Yeah I still have my Solo 637 with maybe 5 tanks of fuel through it. Wasn't that impressed with it myself.

/ chainsaw chain
   / chainsaw chain
   / chainsaw chain #19  
s219 you do know what Vanguard chain looks like right? The safety part in on the raker itself. Not separate like other chains.

SHoot, I got that mixed up -- I was thinking about the R series Oregon, but Vanguard is D series. According to my Oregon pocket guide, that should be much closer to a non-safety chain than R series (which has separate safety rakers).

/ chainsaw chain
anybody heard of forester brand chain ? Is it good chain ? I can buy 1 for my 24'' bar for $13.29 ea semi chisel