Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #1  

stuart

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300
Was looking for a way to carry my saw with me around the property. Came up with this idea having seen someone make a scabbard for their saw from scrap wood. Then I anchored it in the arm for the FEL.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of P1010020.JPG
    Copy (2) of P1010020.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 1,882
  • Copy of P1010022.JPG
    Copy of P1010022.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,609
  • Copy (2) of P1010025.JPG
    Copy (2) of P1010025.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Copy of P1010023.JPG
    Copy of P1010023.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,252
   / Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #2  
Very nice. Mine is still on the To-Do List....

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #4  
To stuart
Talking about chainsaws, I have switched to Enviro Oil which is vegetable based. As I am taking pride in my property why would I want to spray mineral based oil all over the grass and trees. So I switched to vegetable based oil. If I am cutting in a wood yard and the wood is for the stove then mineral base is less money to buy.
Craig Clayton

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #5  
Awesome! how long of a bar can you put into that sucker?

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #6  
Nice job on your scabbard.

I've one on the ROPS for my 20" bar.
Really like it, as the saw is always where I am, and not sitting on the ground somewhere that it can get driven over and that I have to walk to get it.

Attachments

• Saw_Scabbard_ff.jpg
    Saw_Scabbard_ff.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Sawscabbard_ff.jpg
    Sawscabbard_ff.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,080
   / Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #7  
i was wondering if you could do me a big favour i have a couple of
FEL uprights for the 4200 which it appears you have and i am looking at building the rest of the FEL i was just wondering if you would be willing to take some picks of it for me.

thanks in advance

Ryan

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours
Thanks fellas for the accolades. The original idea for my scabbard came from someone on this site. Placement on the tractor that would not interfere with operation was the trick.
Solsburg; My saw is 18" long but you could put at least a 22" saw in my scabbard.
Beenthere: You need to paint that thing green. Just kidding because I know you will.
Ryan; I am not sure what you want me to take photos of exactly.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #9  
Beenthere: You need to paint that thing green. Just kidding because I know you will.
:D
Hadn't thought about that until I posted the pic and also saw how good yours looked. I may get that done today.

I only worry about mine hanging out of the scabbard when I'm in the woods and on a hillside. Sometimes the trees get close to the saw.
Yours is more protected, but don't think I want mine anywhere other than easy to get too when I'm behind the tractor working.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #10  
Was looking for a way to carry my saw with me around the property. Came up with this idea having seen someone make a scabbard for their saw from scrap wood. Then I anchored it in the arm for the FEL.

That is very cool! And my favorite brand (chainsaw that is :laughing:)