Changed Colors....

/ Changed Colors....
What are the hooks sticking out behind the cab for?

Good question! I've been wondering that myself. So far, i haven't seen anything in the manual.

/ Changed Colors.... #42  
Good question! I've been wondering that myself. So far, i haven't seen anything in the manual.

I assumed they were some type of stop for the rear window and never gave it any more thought than that, but now that you ask, I notice it has nothing to do with the window. Interesting, I'd love to know, it can't be for nothing, it cost them something to put them there.

/ Changed Colors.... #43  
I assumed they were some type of stop for the rear window and never gave it any more thought than that, but now that you ask, I notice it has nothing to do with the window. Interesting, I'd love to know, it can't be for nothing, it cost them something to put them there.

Lift tabs for putting on the cab??? complete guess! CJ

/ Changed Colors.... #44  

I can't come up with anything better, but I'd think they'd find another way since there's big cost involved in steel, paint and labour over the number of tractors they produce. Also doesn't seem to be at a balance point. Rigging up a jig to lift the cab would seem cheaper and easier.

The only other thing I can think of is an option that isn't standard, but I've never heard of one and can't think of what it could be. Hopefully one of the dealers here chims in.

/ Changed Colors.... #45  
I happened to be driving by my dealer yesterday so I had to stop and ask him about the hooks. CJONE is right, they are for moving the cabs around during assembly and have no purpose to the finished tractor. He claims he's seen pictures of the assembly line with the cabs hanging by those hooks. I looked but couldn't find any.

It has me thinking about all sorts of things like lights, tool holders etc.

/ Changed Colors.... #46  
I happened to be driving by my dealer yesterday so I had to stop and ask him about the hooks. CJONE is right, they are for moving the cabs around during assembly and have no purpose to the finished tractor. He claims he's seen pictures of the assembly line with the cabs hanging by those hooks. I looked but couldn't find any.

It has me thinking about all sorts of things like lights, tool holders etc.

I don't hear I am right very often!! Any way I will be using them for a mount for my roof guard I am going to build this summer. CJ

/ Changed Colors.... #47  
I don't hear I am right very often!! Any way I will be using them for a mount for my roof guard I am going to build this summer. CJ

LOL, I'd print it out and hang it on the wall if somebody ever put it in writting for me! We need a "Pimp my cab" thread now that they left us a perfect bracket to work with. I'm thinking of light bars like Paul (4shorts) and maybe some kind of holder for chains if I can design something that looks good and works well. I look forward to seeing your roof guard, I was just quoted $1400 for a new roof, so it's worth your time.

/ Changed Colors....
I thought that, but there's a "no lift" sign on my tractor on both hooks?

/ Changed Colors.... #49  
I thought that, but there's a "no lift" sign on my tractor on both hooks?

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say they are not wanting you to lift the whole tractor from those points. With the cab not attached, all is fair.

/ Changed Colors.... #50  
LOL, I'd print it out and hang it on the wall if somebody ever put it in writting for me! We need a "Pimp my cab" thread now that they left us a perfect bracket to work with. I'm thinking of light bars like Paul (4shorts) and maybe some kind of holder for chains if I can design something that looks good and works well. I look forward to seeing your roof guard, I was just quoted $1400 for a new roof, so it's worth your time.

Your thread on the roof repair motivated me on the guard. $1400 for a piece of junk plastic if just foolish. I had 10' of treetop fall next to me last summer when I was removing a dead tree, that would have exploded the so called roof. CJ