Changed motors NEED wiring HELP!

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #21  
Where did the lose wire go to that you hooked up to the battery??

Perhaps it wasnt supposed to go to the battery and that is what is draining it.

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #22  
If the battery is down to 8 volts the clutch is probably not the problem. Run the engine at high speed with the clutch off and check the voltage after 15 minutes. It should be above 13 volts. If it is not the you are not charging. When you charged the battery how long did you charge it? For example an hour is not going to give you a full charge.

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #23  
best re-read the thread in full - the engine changeout (electrically speaking) put a square peg in a round hole.

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #24  
If the battery is down to 8 volts the clutch is probably not the problem. Run the engine at high speed with the clutch off and check the voltage after 15 minutes. It should be above 13 volts. If it is not the you are not charging. When you charged the battery how long did you charge it? For example an hour is not going to give you a full charge.
This ^

Aaron Z

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #25  
13.8 is a little high for a battery if it's been off the charger for awhile. If you checked it immediately after disconnecting the charger that could be normal. It sounds like the PTO and coil draw could be discharging the battery. Did you check the charging voltage? With the tractor running and nothing else turned on (PTO, lights) you should get a reading of 14-14.5 volts. Turning on the PTO should not drop the voltage more than ,5 volts (1/2 volt) or so. If it's dragging it way down, like 12.5 or lower, something is wrong with the PTO.

Bob B.

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP!
LD1
The loose wire came from one side of the 25 amp fuse holder where the 25 amp fuse is placed. This loose wire was not hooked to anything but yet the wire jacket had been peeled as to had been connected somewhere. Do you know how I can check the clutch for proper voltage/amps and what the EXACT air gap should be set on this clutch?

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP!
I charged the battery fo about 12 hours, but have not let it run for 15 min and check it.I will try it.
Thanks

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #28  
LD1
The loose wire came from one side of the 25 amp fuse holder where the 25 amp fuse is placed. This loose wire was not hooked to anything but yet the wire jacket had been peeled as to had been connected somewhere. Do you know how I can check the clutch for proper voltage/amps and what the EXACT air gap should be set on this clutch?

Where does the loose wire go AFTER the fuse holder? Trace it until it ends. If you dont recognize whatever/where ever it ends, take a pic.

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #29  
Do you know how I can check the clutch for proper voltage/amps and what the EXACT air gap should be set on this clutch?
Dont worry about the clutch until you have confirmed that the charging system is working. Your symptoms are of a machine that is not charging, not one that has a bad clutch.

Aaron Z

/ Changed motors NEED wiring HELP! #30  
Dont worry about the clutch until you have confirmed that the charging system is working. Your symptoms are of a machine that is not charging, not one that has a bad clutch.

Aaron Z

What he says.