Changing blades

/ Changing blades #21  
I use my air impact to remove them and a torque wrench to replace them.

/ Changing blades #22  
I made some ramps so I can drive mine onto my 4 post car lift sideways. Very easy to scrape the deck and take the blades off to sharpen. :)

lift.jpg

/ Changing blades #23  
Hey cohocarl Great idea..I have a 4 post but never thought of driving on sideways to do the deck.what's yer ramps look like?

/ Changing blades #24  
hey Cohocarl great idea. I have a 4 post but never thought of driving on sideways to do the deck.

/ Changing blades #25  
For my Cub Cadet, I use my Mojack and an impact. An impact works best, just don't go crazy with it.

/ Changing blades #26  
And I've been rejecting assemblies built that way since the '60s. One can use an air wrench to assist in breaking loose a stubborn tight blade fastener.. but _not_ to apply clamp loads during assembly.

Even with these?

10 Piece 1/2" Torque Limiting Extension Bar Set

For years, I've just used "tighten until the fastener breaks then back it off a 1/4 turn.."

Attachments

• image_13688.jpg
    image_13688.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 124
   / Changing blades #27  
Hey cohocarl Great idea..I have a 4 post but never thought of driving on sideways to do the deck.what's yer ramps look like?

You can see them in the lower right of the pic. I had some fairly thick plywood left over from a project (can't remember thickness), and made two triangle shaped ramps to get up onto the lift, then two boxes made out of the same plywood to go between the two beams on the lift that let me drive onto the lift until my front wheels are on the other beam. After it's on the beams of the lift, I swivel the front wheels around to give the mower a "longer wheelbase" (and make sure the brake is on!!) because I wouldn't want the mower to roll, or move off the lift while I'm under it.
I scrape the underside of the deck with a short ice scraper, sweep out the droppings and I'm good to go.