Changing Chainsaw Blades

/ Changing Chainsaw Blades #21  
I could be wrong, but I think the Stihl warranty is only 90 days for professional use. However, I'm sure if you are on good terms with your dealer he can work around that. You didn't mean that you ran the saw on straight gas when you said you forgot about your husband adding it?
I've got one of the Stihl Kombi pole saws. Sure is handy, but after a while the vibration gets to my hands.

/ Changing Chainsaw Blades #22  
Billy_S said:
Harry, the 25" saw is a Stihl 046. Maybe 064 but I think it is 046. Thanks for the tips.

OK. That is way more saw than you need for what you are cutting but then one uses what one has. I would hate to be slinging around even my 041 for a protracted cutting session. The 041 is an old saw and _heavy_ by today's standards.

Harry K

/ Changing Chainsaw Blades #23  
Billy_S said:
Last night, I went to change blades on both saws. It was the first time I had changed the blade on the 14 inch saw. That was uneventful. But the 25 inch saw is always a challenge for me to change the blade. I get it on the top of the guidebar and it slips off when I try to get it on the bottom. It just seems to me that there has to be an easier way. Is there a trick or is changing the blade on a large saw just not all that easy to do?
Just ditch the 25'' saw and get another 14'' saw.
This will give you another 3 inches and ya don't hafta fight putting a chain on the 25 incher.

/ Changing Chainsaw Blades
LBrown59 said:
<snipped>
This will give you another 3 inches <snipped>

I would pay any amount of money for that. :)