Changing Hy filter

/ Changing Hy filter #1  

DIRTCUTTER

Silver Member
Tractor
CK30 HST
I have a ck30 hst , do you have to remove the BH to change the Hy filter, am at 50 hours. Also do i need to put in new fuild or just replace the filters.

/ Changing Hy filter #2  
I've never had my backhoe on when I do a service, so I'm not sure it there is a need to remove the subframe. I doubt that it's in the way, but I can't be sure.

You need to change out all the filters, HST, Transmission and gas filter, oil filter. Take the air filter out and bang it on something to knock the big stuff loose, and if you have compressed air, blow it out from the inside and all around on it.

Be careful when changing things out to pay attention to any washers on bolts that need to go back on. Sometimes they just fall into the oil and you don't notice them.

Also, I think there is a small O ring on top of the gas filter when you take it out. Be careful not to lose that it's small.

The transmission filter underneath is a bear to get out the first time. You may need to really strong arm it, or punch a hole all the way through it with a large screwdriver so that you can then have a "handle" on each side to turn it out. This is usually due to having been painted in. Second changes are a lot easier.

John

/ Changing Hy filter
John thanks for the reply. I have another question that relates, can one person remove the subframe BH? Because that filter is right there and I think I will have to do that. Also I read in an earlier posting that I might just have to replace the hydraulic fluid that is lost when replacing the filter.

/ Changing Hy filter #4  
Yes, it's easily done by one person. You pull the pins out at the bottom of the rear mount, adjust the stabilizers and bucket to lift the backhoe enough for it to slide out of the mounts, move the tractor out beyond the mounts and sit it down.

You will turn off the tractor, move the controls around to relieve pressure and disconnect the hoses. There is a switch you need to turn on the hydraulic valve, hard to reach from what I know about, before you start the tractor again.

Now that's if you are using the hose kit off the power beyond on the main valve, not a rear remote. Basically the same with a remote, but you don't have to turn that valve, just control it with the rear remote lever.

You drain the main transmission, and the two on the sides, take off the filter and drain that. Put the plugs back in after cleaning off the magnet on the main transmission plug/bolt, put some fresh fluid on the gasket on top of the filter and replace it, not too tight, follow the manual's instructions for tightening.

After you have all the bolts and the filter back in, fill the transmission until the level is between the marks on the oil stick, start it up and run it for a couple of minutes and then measure the level again. You may need to add some after running it as the filter will fill up and the fluid will distribute through the system.

If you need any help, send me a private message and I'll send you my phone number.
John

/ Changing Hy filter #5  
I have the same setup as you on my CK30hst. The BH subframe is right under the hydro filter and won't give you enough room to drop the filter off it's threaded mount. If you didn't want to take the BH completely off, just slide it off the mounts and lower the frame a little. Another inch would do it. Put a block under the frame so it stays when you turn the tractor off to change the filter.

The BH is pretty easy to remove and put on especially after the first time you do it. It took me about 15 minutes the first time and now I'm under 10.

You'll only lose about a quart of fluid if you change both hydro filters. Kioti recommends to change the hydro fluid at 50 hours. Some will tell you don't bother because it hasn't been used that long. When I changed mine at 50 hours, the magnetic drain plug had a bunch of metal shavings and metal dust which is from machining and the parts breaking in to each other. I feel better knowing I changed the oil and hopefully all that stuff is gone. You'll need 7.5 gallons of hydro fluid to refill. It's not to hard to do. This is the one time the manual explains it pretty good.

/ Changing Hy filter #6  
I was just thinking about your situation and was wondering why you would leave your backhoe on all the time. If you don't need to use it every time, you're only using more fuel by having unnecessary weight on the tractor.

For most other situations, you only need a moderate weight on the back, such as a boxblade, and many operations don't require anything extra on the hitch.

John

/ Changing Hy filter #7  
I was just thinking about your situation and was wondering why you would leave your backhoe on all the time. If you don't need to use it every time, you're only using more fuel by having unnecessary weight on the tractor.

For most other situations, you only need a moderate weight on the back, such as a boxblade, and many operations don't require anything extra on the hitch.

John