Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #11  
Same on my CK20 gear. Someone on this forum said to use one of the small drains by the brakes first. This works great, way more control of the flow of fluid and less mess. :thumbsup:

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #12  
Same on my CK20 gear. Someone on this forum said to use one of the small drains by the brakes first. This works great, way more control of the flow of fluid and less mess. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I did and it makes the job a lot easier for sure. Next time I'm driving it up on blocks so I can use a 5 gallon bucket instead of the one I used.

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #13  
Yes, I drained one of the rear axles and I was only expecting a gl or two. I quickly realized that more was coming. Luckly, I had two large oil drains tubs that I use for other cars--holds about 3-4 gl each. I then proceeded to drain the other axle-- a little came out. I then drain the LARGE one ---where the magnets are. More came. The magnets were not too bad --only a few shavings for 300 hrs--. That was the 3rd drain. I guess this is the rear differential-???

4th drain was the the drain right in front of that--- transmission ????

5th drain front drive housing --- (where the front driveshaft exits the transmission) right before the oil drain plug.

All plugs were painted orange.

I got 6.5 gl of fluid out. I used 7 one gl jugs to measure.

I put the new filter one--put old one in carb cleaner for an hour and rinsed off. Started and viewed the sight glass. Level did go down to between the marks. I a few minutes went operate the loader and mower--no problem.

Thanks for the comments.

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #14  
Those three drain plugs go to the transmission