Charging the dirt pile

/ Charging the dirt pile #11  
yep! we probably all do that at one time or another. i sometimes dig in and curl then ty and lift, only to find i am trying to lift the whole pile /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif and then as have says, i sometimes get a cupful and dump. hey HARV that aint such a bad idea about transparent bucket/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Charging the dirt pile #12  
My major problem seems to be that on my B6100 there is only the slightest bit of curl up from level position when the bucket is on the ground - maybe 3 - 4 inches.

The technique I would like to use is to drive into the pile with the bucket low and level then curl and as soon as the curl is complete start to lift. Trouble is my FEL controls have two levers - one for curl/dump and one for lift, and the curl/dump has priority. That is if I pull back on them both, when the curl hits max the pressure relief valve opens rather than having the hydraulic flow pass on over to the lift circuit. So I have to drive into the pile, pull back on curl, sense when it hits max and then pull back on lift all the while making sure I don't lose forward motion.

If I'm successful, I'll have a full bucket but It will only stay full while I drive If like others, I raise it well above the hood of the tractor and "bump" the curl back and forth to settle the load into the back of the bucket. I never drive with the bucket raised above the level of the hood - too much chance of a tip over with the CG that high.

/ Charging the dirt pile #13  
Doesn't seem to hurt anything. That's a fairly common thing for me. I usually bounce it once or twice when dumping sticky clay to jar it all out of the bucket. If my hydraulics were faster I could just rock the bucket control a little.

/ Charging the dirt pile #14  
I don't mind not getting a full load every now and then but I hate it when someone is watching me and doesn't say anything until I either move away from the pile or comment when I go to dump it..... If I can I usually try to kind of fluff up the pile before I scoop up a load. The Toothbar really made a difference for me..... We were helping remove Sod at the local legion Post last Saturday and I removed the toothbar while scooping just the sod. Once I got under the sod I just moved ahead in low. The BX pealed the sod right up and into the bucket. Then put it back on when the sod was gone and dropped the bucket straight down and back dragged several times to lossen the top soil and then some folks raked it around for level before adding the cloth and field rock. The little BX2200 was a real champ the other day.

When I pulled up that morning one guy laughed and said it was an overkill. I looked at him with his shovel and wheel barrow and said his was an under kill. But he quit laughing when he realized how much work it saved him and others (92 degrees out Saturday) and was asking all kinds of questions when we got done....

/ Charging the dirt pile #15  
<font color=blue>Might've been, if they'd had a few CUT's around. </font color=blue>
No doubt about that Harv. Imagine where we would be now? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif