Cheap cultipacker

/ Cheap cultipacker #1  

Agrantina

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 GST
I finished my home made cultipacker today. It痴 the best I could do with out spend a lot on 途eal cultipacker wheels. It is made of 10inch pipe ス thick. 5ft long. I didn稚 see the need for an axel all the way thru the pipe (cost savings). I capped both ends of the pipe with plate steel and welded gas pipe to the ends for a mini axel. Framed the thing in with 2x2 tubing and that痴 it. I used pillow bearings 1.75 dia. I figured one day when I can actually afford real cult wheels I can simply unbolt the pipe roller and bolt and axel with wheels! Tried to build the frame heavy and strong for that reason. O.k cost..
10 diameter ス 5ft pipe- scrap and local gas pipe shop $50
Bearings $40.00
Metal $78.00
Bolts and category 1 pins $26.00
My labor and folks laughing at me priceless to me!
Total $195.00 of my hard earned money.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 1,834
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 2,193
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 2,473
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 1,010
   / Cheap cultipacker #2  
nice job. :thumbsup: have you got to try it out yet?

/ Cheap cultipacker
not yet- on the dirt that is. rolled the yard just to test it out. It was about 500lbs so didn't want to roll the grass around the house to flat... Hope to use it next weekend

/ Cheap cultipacker #4  
Great job, Looks good. Tell us how it works.

/ Cheap cultipacker #7  
Hey Andy
:cool: :thumbsup:

Looks like you did a super job ! Gotta ask ya,is it going to cover your rear wheels?Or is that the proto-type before you go into mass-production?

Wish you all well.Be heading to Winchester/Tullahoma in a month.

Boone

/ Cheap cultipacker #8  
Looks better than anything you would buy at Tractor Supply! Time for the Kubota orange paint!

/ Cheap cultipacker #9  
Good job! That looks like a well built machine. When put into a field with soil that has been worked with a disc harrow or rototiller, you will have high and low spots. The solid smooth roller will hit the highs and skip the lows. That is just my opinion, let us know how the seed germinate. Ken Sweet

/ Cheap cultipacker #10  
Looks better than anything you would buy at Tractor Supply! Time for the Kubota orange paint.

:D
Careful or you will have some TSC loyalist coming after you swinging yellow "rusty" Chinese steel. :laughing:
Boone

(just kidding ! don't want them coming after me either)