Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics)

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics)
Thanks for the nice words. I use either my wifes casio EXILIM camera 5.0 meg pocket size or the old Olympus 3 meg clunker. I size them down with MS photo then upload to photobucket. Nothing special.

When I answered that the door was "only" customized 3 times,

uh

well

better make that four times...

Put the seat from the "black" hoe onto it today so there is a place to sit! I also found that the bottom pivot zerk for the boom cylinder has been broken off. That's probably why the bushing and pin is toast. Also at some time the dipper stick cylinder was taken out. When it was put back they spun the cylinder 180 degrees. No big deal EXCEPT that the grease zerk is facing away from the hole you use to access it. Will have to pull the cylinder and spin the rod back the way it's supposed to be.

Here are some pictures of the hoe moving dirt.
ashotfromthebigchair.jpg

Ashotofmoredirt.jpg

Ashotofsomedirt.jpg

Fewminuteswork.jpg

I think the bucket on the hoe holds about 7-9 cu-ft of dirt. It sure does make the piles grow fast! On edit - I wanted to add that each of those piles of dirt took about 15 minutes of digging to make. It takes me about 30 minutes to move the piles away.... Anybody have a dump trailer (or truck) they want to "store" in Wisconsin? Didn't think so...

jb

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics) #22  
No doubt the backhoe was worth what you paid for the whole machine. The color yellow on the backhoe its the color our old hoe was we couldnt find it for the last repaint. Did you get any buckets with the parts machine i didnt take note ?

FULLPULL said:
No doubt the backhoe was worth what you paid for the whole machine. The color yellow on the backhoe its the color our old hoe was we couldnt find it for the last repaint. Did you get any buckets with the parts machine i didnt take note ?

Yes, it came with 1 bucket. 18" - all bushing are VERY worn. Almost to the point of the housing being egged out. 2 Cracks in the cutting edge, 1 body crack and a wear hole in a corner. No broken tooth shanks, but 2 missing teeth and 2 welded on teeth. Still, I've seen buckets in worse shape go for more than $100. I think it was a "swap" bucket as the pins are not worn like the bucket is worn.

18inhoebucket.jpg

18inbucketbushings.jpg

18inbucketinsideview.jpg

All in all, not a bad deal so far!

jb

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics) #24  
That Ford badge on the machine I believe designates it as company property. It is an asset tag. Your machine was apparently used at some Ford facility at some time. It probably was very well cared for.

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics) #25  
hay J what size of trator are you running that on? also whats the reach on it?

that seems to be a mighty big unit

/me drools at the thought of all the trenchwork that will fix in a jiffy.

Kendrick said:
hay J what size of trator are you running that on? also whats the reach on it?

that seems to be a mighty big unit

/me drools at the thought of all the trenchwork that will fix in a jiffy.

The yellow tractor is a 1963 Ford 4140 Heavy Duty Industrial. It is the same basic animal as the 801 series Ford ag tractors. 172 cid diesel engine, 4 speed trans w sherman combo trans. It has a very strong front end unique to the series (1801, 4040 and 4140), solid cast iron nose cone, stronger differential, better clutch and frame rails to (almost) carry the stresses of the big hoe. Hydraulics are from a crank driven pump that puts out 17.5 gal at 1800 rpm and 22 gpm at max.

The hoe is a Ford 723 version 19-301. That's 14' depth, 17' reach and total length of excavation 22' and change. That puts 6' or more of the trench under and about to the middle of the tractor. 4" diameter cylinders for the boom and dipper stick, 3 1/2" bucket cylinder. Direct mounted 4 1/2 inch swing cylinders. Using only the stick the digging force is 8000 pounds. With the old straight edged small bucket it was unstopable. With the new 36" bucket w teeth it has picked up heap'n helpings without a quiver. Right now the tires are not filled to keep the unit weight down to towable levels and the hoe can toss it around pretty easy. It demands a soft touch on the controls!

jb

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics) #27  
I was lookin' at the size of that hole and that mountain of dirt and wonderin' -- that's some kinda big HOE!

You could alter lot's of real-estate with that unit in short order!

Sure like those photos...

Been doin' anything with the tractor that just happened to come with the hoe? Interested to hear what you find out about the motor.

Thanks,

AKfish

/ Cheap parts machine..... (long story w pics) #28  
I know what I want for chrismass... :eek: