Cheaper Generic Roundup

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #12  
Unless your area is really different then the rest of ours you don't need a license to buy a glysophate product like Roundup, Touchdown, Imitator or any of the other brands. You do need a license for some sprays like Atrazine and a few other controlled herbicides though.

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #13  
a couple places around here, Atwoods for one: puts the generic on sale for well under $40 for 2.5 gallons: 41% and it works as good as the original. i don't know if it has a suficant(misspelled) in it or not: but i generally use a cheap dish washing powder: they are really low foam and seem to work ok.
heehaw

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #14  
I paid $46. for generic roundup ( 2.5 gal) at the local ag store. It was 41% glyphosate where the name brand Roundup was about $106 and was 49% glyphosate.

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #15  
Sorry fellows; up here you need a licence to buy any of the sprays in bulk.:D

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #16  
That seems odd but hey, your in Canada. We expect that from you guys;)

Have a good one Egon:)

/ Cheaper Generic Roundup #17  
On the farm, we use generic round up. All of our corn and soybeans are round up ready and we no till our crops. I believe it costs a little over $12/gal. However, we buy it in 250 gal tanks which have their own electric pumps and meters. Takes about 500 gal for the year.:eek: I remember when round up first came out, it was about $60/gal even in bulk.

Many years ago, a local radio station would play a comedy segment called "The Mean Farmer". Quite humerous at times. Once, the mean farmer was talking about the use of chemicals around his farm. He said "There is nothing better than opening the door on a sunny morning and not hearing a sound for miles" (He was indicating that he killed off all the wildlife in the area for miles with his pesticides.) His other line in that segment was "I'll take on mother nature. I may not win, but I'll take her down with me."