Tiller cheapest 3 point tiller

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #11  
Grey market dealers carry the yanmar/hinimoto/shibaura lines, and sometimes a few other brands. They are typically imported from Japan/Korea, and were used mostly in the rice paddies over there. Sometimes they are sold here with rice paddy tillers still attached to them, since that is the implement they use the most. The tillers built for rice paddies are not exactly like domestic tillers sold here in the states. The tines on them are designed differently, and they are usually made from steel that has not been hardened because they don't need to be hardened to work in the soft mud. However, as evidenced by the pictures above, they will work here in the states but the tines may wear faster in our soil conditions.

Where are you located at??? Someone here on the forum might be able to give you a little more info.

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #12  
The Grey tillers can be okay in some soils, but around my local they get used a couple of times and then hauled of for scrap (they just don't like rocky soil). Tines are out-of-sight high priced, if you can get them. I'd try and price some tines for any tiller I'd be interested in first then make and decision on that. I have changed a couple of Grey market Tillers to take KingKutter tines and made new draft arm lugs out of 1/2" plate, it was a lotta work and expense but they worrked good when I was finished. If your not into all the welding and mechanical work, just go buy a KingKutter, you can have them load in your truck and be home tilling that afternoon. bjr

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #13  
The Chinese or Turkish or Grey Market tillers are going to be the least expensive. Ken Sweet

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #14  
Well,your not that far away[if any] of getting one of the best 4ft tillers out there,a new kk2,so if you can spend 1,000,spend a 100 or two more and get a very good tiller.Here those chinese tillers might not be close to kk,and if you can find a used grey market[or what ever its called],than,they are used,and may not be close to a kk anyways.

If you could find a used 4 ft kk,that the owner would hook up and show you if it works,than you might get one for even less.

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #15  
We sell the New 48 inch Hawkline out of Ohio at $1495 with Geardrive and slip clutch PTO. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• Hawklinetillerspecs.jpg
    Hawklinetillerspecs.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 686
   / cheapest 3 point tiller #16  
"Grey Market" means any tractor regardless of brand which was never intended for sale here in the US market. If JD made a tractor for sale only in england and never to be sold here in the US, if it made its way here it would be a Grey tractor. Kubota Sells tractors here and in japan, one intended for sale in japan that was imported here is a grey tractor.

Get a used tiller, very easy to find a 5ftr for less than $1000, You can buy the yanmar ones all day for $400 though.

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #17  
Used Yanmar Grey Market tillers are a good buy for limited use. They have been used heavy in the rice patties and the tines are usually almost gone when they get here in the USA. Replacement tines will cost more than the original machine purchase, so be careful. Ken Sweet

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #19  
Clemsonfor do you know where I can buy a yanmar tiller for 400. would like address thank you

/ cheapest 3 point tiller #20  
do you know where I can buy a yanmar tiller for 400.
That was in 2010 (and prior) when Yanmar gray-market imports often arrived with the tiller that had been on the tractor since new. But now the exchange rate has shifted, and the era of cheap Yanmars & tillers is over.

The RS1400 tiller pictured in my sig below (and in post #8 above) was $200 including a new set of spare tines. But that was while the importer was going out of business.

I see a couple of Yanmar tillers on OKC Craigslist, $850 and up. Found via Searchtempest. (Click on Open Results Windows, then Next City etc.) Maybe run that search again allowing any brand?

And an inquiry in the Yanmar forum here might turn up a used tiller.