Is this a scam? Check out this Ebay scam

/ Check out this Ebay scam #11  
Dusty said:
I did an internet search and found one for you. You will also get change back from your $3000.:D

Click here....... it is at the bottom of this page. New and from a Kubota Dealer.... Delivery extra.:D

SWEET! Free advertising! Thanks Dusty:D

/ Check out this Ebay scam #12  
Dargo said:
Actually eBay fed you a crock of poo. Their software most certainly is able to flag and require additional authentication for "pre-approved bidders only" auctions separately from regular auctions. It would take about one person part time to police this with their software. They simply have chosen to not bother; fact per an eBay representative. It is obviously going to take someone to sue eBay for tens of millions of dollars for eBay knowingly allowing a form of auction to be used that is almost all attempts at fraud to continue without eBay doing anything to protect the public. And, I'll give you pretty good odds that eBay will lose such a suit with the tens of thousands of people who have complained about the blatant fraud attempts on almost every single "pre-approved bidder only" auctions. On this issue, eBay is simply being flat stupid; no other way to describe their lack of action to protect the public from fraud.

I've got to agree with this statement. Ebay could do much more to prevent these scams. One thing they could do is get ride of auctions that require preapproval.

When I see obvious scam auctions I usually report them and then bid $1000000, if possible, on the auction to warn any EBAY neophytes that may be temped to bid. My bids usually get cancelled within a day.

EBAY can and should do more to prevent these scams. They are also victims of this scum scammers but they have a long way to go to live up to their responsibilities to protect the integrity of their market place.