Checked out a JD 790

/ Checked out a JD 790 #11  
Jerry:

Have you moved those flashers to the rops yet. I moved mine to the inside of the rops, and now she just sneers at tree branches.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #12  
s1120,
From what they told me at the Louisville EXPO.......the TC30 was a new model. It does not have the sloping hood that... say the TC33 does

Attachments

• 46-184285-T30D1.JPG
    46-184285-T30D1.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 78
   / Checked out a JD 790 #13  
Here's the TC33D that I drove.........boy I could get used to HST /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 46-184287-TC33D1.JPG
    46-184287-TC33D1.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 70
   / Checked out a JD 790 #14  
<font color=blue>I have not looked at the NH's becouse I do not like the swoopey look of the body work.</font color=blue>

Once I got on the tractor (a TC33D) that sloping hood was a selling point for me. Not because of the looks (personally, I prefer a more "traditional" look), but because it gives a much better view of what is going on up front.

John Mc

/ Checked out a JD 790 #15  
John Mc,

I too like the hard nose Kubota B21/L35/L48TLB's for the same reason..

Needed to get a little <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange> in this discussion.

Carl

/ Checked out a JD 790 #16  
Doesn't Deere sell a 990? An economy model much like the 790,but more H.P. and I would think a little larger frame and platform area.

/ Checked out a JD 790 #17  
Jerry,

I just have to ask...what is under the tractor? I hope it isn't a drip pan. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Checked out a JD 790 #18  
BigDave, I pulled that picture off the Web. Some dealer site as I recall. It looks like a wagon for one of the little pedal tractors that you can see nearby. I don't know why its under there.

Maybe, its there to catch tears of joy from NH buyers /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Checked out a JD 790 #19  
<font color=red>. Not because of the looks (personally, I prefer a more "traditional" look), but because it gives a much better view of what is going on up front.</font color=red>

Ya, I can see your point. Does look like it would help when working with something up front. But I do still perfer the more "tractor looking" tractors. But what do I know, all my expearance is with my little Ingersolls./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Checked out a JD 790 #20  
I shopped for a tractor for about nine months. I really had my mind made that I was going to buy a JD990 or 5105. At first I did not like the appearance of Kubota, although I did the maintenance work on 2 of them for Little League for 3 years. One thing I did know about them was that after all the abuse those 2 tractors went through they were tough. The only things I had to replace were burned bearings and blades in mowers , pieces knocked off or broken. Both of those tractors are still running. After a closer inspection of the 990 and the Kubota on the same day I decided on orange because I don't believe the JD compacts are built as well as the larger models. The 5105 was just too pricey for what you get vs Kubota. After taking delivery on an MX5000 I know it was the right choice.
Just my $.02 and probably not worth that much
Mike