Checking hydrostatic oil

/ Checking hydrostatic oil #1  

djp1218

Silver Member
Tractor
mahindra 2816 hst tlb
was wondering if you check the hydro oil with the tractor running or shut off?

/ Checking hydrostatic oil #2  
I don't know how 'right' this is... But I check mine within a few minutes after it is shut down.. before fluid can possibly seep down from things that should be full when running... like filters and hyd cyl's... Sorry if this leads you astray.... :)

/ Checking hydrostatic oil
that would make sense im thinking it is low after it is warmed up i check it and its at the very bottom of the stick

/ Checking hydrostatic oil #4  
that would make sense im thinking it is low after it is warmed up i check it and its at the very bottom of the stick

Do you have a front end loader? If so, before you check fluid level make sure your cylinder rods are at their shortest lengths. That would be loader bucket on ground and curled up. My manual says run engine for 5 minutes at 1500RPM. Shut off and then check hydraulic fluid level.

ok off thank you if i have a backhoe hooked up would that make a difference? when you push your peddle down does it bounce right back? mine takes like 4 sec to get back to the top it comes up slow but steady does that sound right to you?

/ Checking hydrostatic oil #6  
Sounds like the pedal is responding slower than it should. Make sure your cylinder rods are at their shortest lengths on the backhoe as well. This pushes your hydraulic fluid back to the tank where your dipstick is.

ok will do would you happen to know where online i can buy a grill guard?

/ Checking hydrostatic oil #8  
Try your dealer.