Cheesy Frontier Decals

/ Cheesy Frontier Decals #1  

picker77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3032E, dual remotes, TnT, tooth bar, grapple
File this one under minor pet peeves:

Is is just me, or do others also think Frontier's logo and model numbers look a lot like they were bought at WalMart--you know, those 3" black-on-white peel off and stick-on letters & numbers people buy to put on their mailboxes? First time I saw these at my dealer I actually thought that's what they were. :laughing:

/ Cheesy Frontier Decals #2  
I thought they looked like the Rhino brand decals.

But then I look beyond the decals.

/ Cheesy Frontier Decals
But then I look beyond the decals.

Well, me too, usually. Like most people, I try to be fair and look beyond first appearances and impressions, but I'd think JD could afford to hire a graphics designer with marketing experience to come up with more attractive decals for the Frontier line. Frontier makes some great attachments, although in the green tradition they tend to be pretty pricey. Makes no sense to me marketing-wise to deliberately force prospective buyers to "look beyond the decals" for a positive first impression. Rolls Royce could use an ugly fat lady for a hood ornament, too, I suppose. After all, if you force yourself to look beyond the hood ornament you'll find a top quality car. :)

/ Cheesy Frontier Decals
Well, it appears I owe John Deere an apology for disrespecting their Frontier decals. All this time I thought since Frontier attachments were painted JD green, sold at Deere dealerships, and advertised in Deere sales brochures and publications, that Frontier Implements must be a corporate subdivision of John Deere.

Clearly not so. In looking over the fine print in the warranty papers on my new tractor, JD specifically excludes Frontier from all warranties, and says if you have a problem with Frontier attachments, go find yourself a Frontier dealer to take care of it. Live and learn. Does that mean your dealer takes off his JD hat and puts on a Frontier hat while he's listening to your complaint? :laughing:

/ Cheesy Frontier Decals #5  
Well, it appears I owe John Deere an apology for disrespecting their Frontier decals. All this time I thought since Frontier attachments were painted JD green, sold at Deere dealerships, and advertised in Deere sales brochures and publications, that Frontier Implements must be a corporate subdivision of John Deere.

Clearly not so. In looking over the fine print in the warranty papers on my new tractor, JD specifically excludes Frontier from all warranties, and says if you have a problem with Frontier attachments, go find yourself a Frontier dealer to take care of it. Live and learn. Does that mean your dealer takes off his JD hat and puts on a Frontier hat while he's listening to your complaint? :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I've got a green snowblower and I wear the logo with pride. All other logo's are CountyLine.!! :D