Chevy S-10 a decent truck???

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #51  
<font color="blue"> I join the others who suggest you consider a second hand full size truck.</font>
See this post...Pete already bought the Dakota.

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #52  
If you get a S-10, I'd recommend the "extended cab" option. Gives you the little 1/2 door behind the driver's door and access to dry space behind the seats (and even a little jump seat for a 3rd passenger for short distances). The "crew cab" option I found took too much of the bed space away. (besides I don't have a crew to haul around -- kids have all gone to college!)

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #53  
Bebster, Pete's already bought a Dodge, but I agree with you on the S-10 extended cab. I talked to my brother this past weekend and he only has 135,000 on his '96; plans to keep it at least 2 or 3 more years. Besides replacing the clutch, he said he did have to spend about $160 on the air-conditioner last year. His only complaint is that he bought it new without cruise control. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #54  
Bought my first S10 in 85 with the 6cyn manual trans. Best vehicle I have had. Sold it this year with 178,000 and it still rn great. Bought a 2003 S10 with extended cab last month and expect it to run for the next 15 years. I always go with the 2 wheel drive.
PJ

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #55  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone seen Vanishing Point lately? Did you know, they crash a Camaro at the end, instead of wasting a fine Mopar? )</font>

Knew it was something different but never figured out what.

Had a 69 383 Roadrunner. Want to own a HemiCuda before I leave this world. Probably have to catch the CFO not looking for this one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Chevy S-10 a decent truck??? #56  
<font color="blue"> Anyone seen Vanishing Point lately? Did you know, they crash a Camaro at the end, instead of wasting a fine Mopar? </font>

Did you ever wonder why? The Chevy started and ran! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif