Chewed Wire

/ Chewed Wire #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I had to raise hood on CK30 to clean debris from radiator and noticed a pile of insulation and trash. I removed the trash and found that some wires had been chewed

5do00At.jpg

Can I just wrap this up with tape and be good to go? Or should I look toward replacing?

/ Chewed Wire #2  
I hate rodents!

If the wire is still intact you should be fine with just re-insulating. I’ve taped many bare wires up and haven’t really had any issues.

Now, something like a starter wire, yes I would replace it.

/ Chewed Wire #4  
I would either splice on a new piece of wire or slide some heat shrink over it and shrink it. I don't trust tape to stay taped or glue to not degrade. On the other hand that wire probably just supplies a resisted ground signal so worse case is you would start reading full all the time if it shorts.

Just put new bags of moth balls in my generator and stuck one in the frame tube of my JD and one on top of the radiator of my backhoe. Had a mouse chewed through a return hose on the backhoe once. I replaced it and next time I went to use it he had done it again. I put some bait on the manifold for that one and put a stop to his shenanigans.

/ Chewed Wire #5  
I would either splice on a new piece of wire or slide some heat shrink over it and shrink it. I don't trust tape to stay taped or glue to not degrade. On the other hand that wire probably just supplies a resisted ground signal so worse case is you would start reading full all the time if it shorts.

Just put new bags of moth balls in my generator and stuck one in the frame tube of my JD and one on top of the radiator of my backhoe. Had a mouse chewed through a return hose on the backhoe once. I replaced it and next time I went to use it he had done it again. I put some bait on the manifold for that one and put a stop to his shenanigans.

+1 on bait. It’s the only thing that seems to keep the little critters out of my stuff!

/ Chewed Wire
Well I see I put this on Kubota site instead of Kioti, but I guess the Rat is no respector of brands.

/ Chewed Wire #7  
That's why mine gets garaged where my mousing crew sleeps. I don't even get spiders - those cats kill everything that moves and is smaller than them.

/ Chewed Wire #8  
I've use rubber tape yet to have problem.