CHG Indicator MIA - JD 850

/ CHG Indicator MIA - JD 850
😂 I feel like I've driven you about nuts with this. Thanks for toughing it out and continuing to help with this. I've learned a heck of a lot already. Hopefully the seller has some input to get this one working. If not I'll see what I can come up with.

The innards of the old mechanical VR look sparkly clean. The wires however have seen better days. They're also soldered on the bottom. Will probably be a few days before any more progress is made but I'll keep this thread updated. Have a good Easter weekend and thanks again for the help.

/ CHG Indicator MIA - JD 850
Finally got the tractor up and running again today. A new voltage regulator and a couple wires later I've got charge at the battery.

This experience has taught me not to trust continuity readings. You can get continuity through two strands of wire while the other 90% of the same wire is burnt and dangling.

Just double checking after shutting it down I found an ~2.25 battery draw that lead back to the alternator. After a short while though it seemed to completely disappear. I watched it slowly dropping on the multimeter. Is it normal for an alternator to still pull a couple amps after shut down and slowly fade away? Thanks again for all y'alls help. Amazing how much you can learn in a couple weeks.

/ CHG Indicator MIA - JD 850 #23  
I have all the lights working on both of my 950's. If you haven't done it lately it might be a good time to ground the wire at the temperature sender and make sure that light comes on. That's the only thing I don't like about these light systems. The temp light never comes on so there isn't s good way to verify its working. I've thought about adding a push to test button on that circuit. Would be pretty simple, just a button and a ground wire.

I don't know the answer to your question but I wouldn't think so.