Chigger Season

/ Chigger Season #11  
Cover yourself shoes-to-waist in sulfur dust. Get an old sock and fill it with powered/pulverized sulfur and then slap the sock all over you. Works for me here in Central Texas.

/ Chigger Season #12  
I always spray my feet, shoes, ankles, and legs with deet when going in the woods during the summer. That always seems to prevent them for me.

What do you guys do to treat them when you do get them? I use a product called Chiggarid which is like nail polish with something added in it to prevent itching. It seems to work pretty good.

/ Chigger Season #14  
I got them everywhere after playing golf last weekend,guess I should keep my ball in the fairway:D

/ Chigger Season #15  
The wife gets 5 or 6 chigger bites as soon as we arrive to our property in north Georgia. She keeps a can of OFF in the door pocket and sprays her pant legs before exiting the truck. But she still gets them and they get to a half dollar size before the week is over. I will get 1 or 2 bites and not spray as often as she does. I think they are attracted to some people more than others.

/ Chigger Season #16  
I'm in weeds, grass, timber, almost daily. I wear shorts. I spray my feet/shoes and legs with OFF. I start doing that in mid June here in Northern Missouri. I never get Chiggers. Yep, I just jinxed myself.

I've been told that clear fingernail polish on each critter will kill them quickly. No personal experience with that remedy though

/ Chigger Season #17  
I'm in weeds, grass, timber, almost daily. I wear shorts. I spray my feet/shoes and legs with OFF. I start doing that in mid June here in Northern Missouri. I never get Chiggers. Yep, I just jinxed myself.

I've been told that clear fingernail polish on each critter will kill them quickly. No personal experience with that remedy though
Arent chiggers noseeums? I only ever see the bites. :confused3:

/ Chigger Season #18  
Arent chiggers noseeums? I only ever see the bites. :confused3:

I think chiggers are small red arachnids that are fond of getting into tight spaces under clothing (under a waistband or belt, for instance) and then burrow in to lay eggs. They create a round welt that itches like crazy.

/ Chigger Season #19  
Ft. Hood TX, 1959, for chiggers, worst place on earth to be in the field.