China Dozer problem

/ China Dozer problem #1  

Karldh326

Tractor
DH326 dozer
Hi, new to the forums was hoping someone could help me out with a little info on this china dozer. Ill start from the top, only had it about 3 weeks now not sure what the make is. I believe it is Yuachi, looks like someone repainted it yellow and black to resemble the dh326. Started pressure washing it and found out the undercarriage was blue at one time. Anyways i belive the motor is trash it has a ty395e3 and engine plate says its an 2004, thought it had an injector knock when i bought it turns out it was a little more than that. After getting a decent engine manual i relized this thing had been tinkered with. Pulled the injectors took them to diesel injection services in colton ca had them cleaned up and tested, put them back in didn't fix it. Pulled valve cover to check valve lash and found pieces of metal everywhere. Was going to pull head off but can't get it off, yes i double checked and all 11 head bolts are out, hooked a chain to my forklift and broke lifting eyes that are bolted to head (it tried to pick the dozer off the ground) not sure what the problem is other than i bought a basket case that some guy jb welded the head on...There are other things that are wrong as well, like it didn't have a thermo stat also one of the glow plugs broke off in the head. I think it must be part of the piston rings or part of a bearing that i found, i also sheared a water pump bolt off in effort to get the head off. I am going to try and get a little deeper into it this weekend but was just weighing the option on a rebuild or a new engine. My question is will a ty395I work in this dozer? I belive it is the same engine minus the emission controls and different fuel injection but are the blocks the same? Will i be able to swap my engine with that one? Only asking because i talked to a dealer and they told me they quit making the ty395e3 7 years ago. I found a good deal on a ty395I that i would like to use but not sure if it will just bolt in. Thanks

/ China Dozer problem #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Yes, it is a YUCHAI. They are imported by many different distributors, as well some private parties for resale, so they could be any color, but yellow with black undercarriage and ROPS is the standard Yuchai livery.
The engine will fit fine if it has a diamond JD (Jiang Dong) on the left side of the block.
Your dozer is about the same age as mine. Bought mine new in '05, and has been great. Have over 700 hours on it.
A pic of your machine would be a great help.

/ China Dozer problem
Welcome to TBN.
Yes, it is a YUCHAI. They are imported by many different distributors, as well some private parties for resale, so they could be any color, but yellow with black undercarriage and ROPS is the standard Yuchai livery.
The engine will fit fine if it has a diamond JD (Jiang Dong) on the left side of the block.
Your dozer is about the same age as mine. Bought mine new in '05, and has been great. Have over 700 hours on it.
A pic of your machine would be a great help.

Thank you for the information Bob I will check the side of the block for that! Let me get to work where i can down load the pics, i cannot figure out how to work this **** MAC Computer. But thanks again!

/ China Dozer problem
Screenshot_2015-10-29-06-25-44.jpg

/ China Dozer problem
20151003_081308.jpg

Wow 700 hours is awesome! I guess if you take care of them they'll last a long time. The hour meter on mine says 275. I see a lot of people talking about the shuttle shift, and i believe this one has it since I have no clutch pedal. Thats also the reason I have not pulled the motor out yet I need to get under there and see if that bell housing to the transmission is wet? I saw a hydraulic line going into it so was not sure if there is fluid in there or not. The machine also seems to have a sticky clutch/brake pedal, the left turning brake seems to get stuck most of the time when i push on it and then i have to pull it back with my foot, also the brake is all the way at the end. I have to really push down to get the brake to work, probaly just an adjustment and grease job but just need the time to look at it. Been working a lot so that doesn't help.

Last edited:
   / China Dozer problem #6  
View attachment 445626

Wow 700 hours is awesome! I guess if you take care of them they'll last a long time. The hour meter on mine says 275. I see a lot of people talking about the shuttle shift, and i believe this one has it since I have no clutch pedal. Thats also the reason I have not pulled the motor out yet I need to get under there and see if that bell housing to the transmission is wet? I saw a hydraulic line going into it so was not sure if there is fluid in there or not. The machine also seems to have a sticky clutch/brake pedal, the left turning brake seems to get stuck most of the time when i push on it and then i have to pull it back with my foot, also the brake is all the way at the end. I have to really push down to get the brake to work, probaly just an adjustment and grease job but just need the time to look at it. Been working a lot so that doesn't help.
The shuttle clutch you have is a very desirable option. I wanted it too, but it was not available at the time if you also wanted the FEL option.
The left steering clutch/brake pedal hanging is persistent with this tractor because there is no way to lubricate the cross shaft where it passes under the transmission. Every now and then I saturate it with penetrating oil and exercise it. Eventually I'm going to install a remote zerk fitting for it.
Something you need to check is the steering clutch/brake compartment drains. They are large hex plugs underneath the tractor on each side. When you remove them they should be dry and dusty. If there is any oil present you have a leaking seal, either from the bevel gear case or the final drive. This could be the reason you have to apply excessive pressure on the left brake (oil saturated brake lining). Another reason is that the steering clutch/brake is out of sequence, so the clutch isn't completely releasing before the brake is applied. You can see some of the mods I've done to mine, and some action videos here:
https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer/?ref=bookmarks

/ China Dozer problem
The shuttle clutch you have is a very desirable option. I wanted it too, but it was not available at the time if you also wanted the FEL option.
The left steering clutch/brake pedal hanging is persistent with this tractor because there is no way to lubricate the cross shaft where it passes under the transmission. Every now and then I saturate it with penetrating oil and exercise it. Eventually I'm going to install a remote zerk fitting for it.
Something you need to check is the steering clutch/brake compartment drains. They are large hex plugs underneath the tractor on each side. When you remove them they should be dry and dusty. If there is any oil present you have a leaking seal, either from the bevel gear case or the final drive. This could be the reason you have to apply excessive pressure on the left brake (oil saturated brake lining). Another reason is that the steering clutch/brake is out of sequence, so the clutch isn't completely releasing before the brake is applied. You can see some of the mods I've done to mine, and some action videos here:
https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer/?ref=bookmarks

Yea i definitely like the idea of the shuttle clutch, makes manuvering around in tight areas a lot easier I bet. Ok that makes sense now I probably need to do the same it seemed a little stiff, I think the clutch is probably fine if i push down and inch or 2 the clutch disengages but it was just the brake that was a pain. Well crap! The right steering brake and clutch work great but since it has been parked on my driveway for a few days now, I noticed a few drops of oil coming from that side out of that big hex plug! Im sure those parts are not easy to find.

/ China Dozer problem #8  
Well crap! The right steering brake and clutch work great but since it has been parked on my driveway for a few days now, I noticed a few drops of oil coming from that side out of that big hex plug! Im sure those parts are not easy to find.
Wow, bummer. Parts are not really a problem. Northern Tool and Circle G Tractor come to mind that stock the bulk of the proprietary parts. Most bearings and seals and bushings can be had from s bearing supply house, in metric.

/ China Dozer problem #9  
For some reason I cannot edit my posts.

/ China Dozer problem #10  
I know this is a old post but I was trying to click on the link you posted with the mods you have done to your dozer and the action video link. It will not load. Do you still have pics of the mods?This is the link i could not get to load. Log in or sign up to view