Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems?

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #21  
rims for tubeless tires have a much larger hole for the valve stem to be installed in the rim.. tubes don't need the large hole.. I would say your valve stem is not aligning up properly with the hole in the rim..

TR218A valve stems (which the OP says his tubes have)are liquid fill valve stems. They will be the same size as liquid fill tubeless stems. His rims should be properly sized for either valve stem.

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #22  
I never had problems using tubes in a tubeless tire setup..

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #23  
TR218A valve stems (which the OP says his tubes have)are liquid fill valve stems. They will be the same size as liquid fill tubeless stems. His rims should be properly sized for either valve stem.

Which should be a 5/8" hole or 0.625" I wonder if those rims have the 0.431 automotive and light truck hole size,
or if the tubes had the small diameter valve stems.

This link shows the normal ag tire valves.
Air Liquid Valves Archives - BlackJack Tire Supplies, Inc.

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #25  
They are not bead-lock rims either.

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #26  
Funny ! I was thinking of this thread yesterday wile mounting a tire for my lawnmower. My rim clamp machine has adapters for mounting small tires like this. Sure enough, the valve stem on the tube completely separated cleanly from the main torus.

This was the second tube incident with this tire. It started out as a thorn passing through the tread and into the tube (which I put in over 10 years ago). A very small leak found only by putting it into our hot tub. When I started the patching job, the rubber cement supplied with the patch kit COMPLETELY DISSOLVED the Hi-Run brand of tube (From Rural King) where it was applied. So now the tiny pin hole in my tube was the size of a quarter !

My conclusion is to avoid all these chinese crap fake rubber parts and go to foam filled tires on the mowers.

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #28  
Remember the bad china rubber valve stem issue in about 2006? My 2006 RTV had those stems and the rubber just falls apart.

I purchased a dump trailer in 1999,, it had those stems,,
one day, I walked out of the house,, ALL FOUR tires were flat,, I thought some kid was having fun, letting air out of tires.

I like the idea of the adhesive not being compatible with the type rubber the tube is made out of,,,

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems? #29  
If the stem is being damaged before the wheel even turns then I would install a valve stem guard (I've seen them called valve stem bushings too). Depending on the hole size you might need to drill out the hole. If the hole is bigger than the stem they will fill in the gap.

/ Chinese rims ruining inner tube stems?
I installed the repaired tube and tire back onto the Chinese rim. It has held air now for 3 weeks, I drove the tractor around a bit but have not done any hard work with it. I put masking tape timing marks on both tires and both rims, did some high range starting and stopping at high speeds, did not see any movement between tire and rim on either the tubed or tubeless side.

I did not dress up the hole in the rim at all, as it wasn't like a burred sharp edge, it was square but not sharp. Anyways, the failure was not that the valve stem was being cut, it was being ripped away.

I mean, I can't believe that I was putting the tubes in backwards, 3 separate times? (I'm approaching 50 years old maybe this stuff just happens, but ****, I don't think so) However, I have no other explanation on how the stems were being torn off after just ~30 minutes of airing them up with no movement of the tractor.

This time I did a few things differently:

1) Used a lot of baby powder between the tire and the tube.

2) Aired up and removed air from the tube a few times, once before the second bead was on, and then another time before setting the bead (I always push the tire to the valve stem side and don't have the plastic nut on the valve stem when setting the bead as not to pull on the stem).

3) I aired/de-aired the tube a couple more times after the bead was set to make sure the tube was not bound up.