Chinese Tractors

/ Chinese Tractors #41  
hint:

it's ALREADY way past too late....

/ Chinese Tractors #42  
i would like to know what is NOT made in china? seems like absolutely everything is coming from china!! im not complaning, its definately made the market competitive and cheaper for people like me!

It is also taking a lot of jobs away from people like me. Not me specifically (I fortunately still have a job) but I work in a factory and the way things are going there won't be any US manufacturing left soon- meaning no factory jobs... you know- the things that got this country to where it is (or was). Many people are losing sight of that. Manufacturing got this relatively young country to the very top very quickly, now we are turning away from it and people are trying to make this into a services based economy. I'm no economist but have strong doubts about things like that.

/ Chinese Tractors #43  
I would buy a Chinese tractor if I felt comfortable with the dealer and parts support...
With that said, there is no dealer close to me so for me, it is out of the question...
As far a a discussion about manufacturing leaving the US, companies have always sought the lowest cost area to manufacture...
Right now it is in China, India, ect...
I don't like it but that is the way it is...
The biggest issue I have with their government is that they will not allow their currently to float on the open market...
It is still tied to our $ and this manipulation will give them an advantage over us with lower labor costs...
I also tend to think that they are not concerned with taking us over and world domination...
I think that they are just trying to get their people out of abject poverty and utilizing their greatest resource, manual labor...
As technology continues to improve the need for manual labor will decrease...
This will increase pressure on low wage countries like China to improve efficiencies...
That means less labor and more technology...
Not good if you are trying to employ a billion people...
Not good here in the US if you are trying to employ 300 million or so...

/ Chinese Tractors #44  
It's a toss of the coin... if you're looking for bang for the buck, I'd stick with an off shore name brand like Kiote, Mahindra, Bobcat, etc. Mostly everything is made off shore these days, but quality control makes the difference.

/ Chinese Tractors #45  
I have a chinese mini excavator, a yuchai YC15 that is used for just personal projects/fun. When ever I need parts I email the factory and they ship me what I need via DHL. The time difference affecting communications and shipping time adds up to about 2 weeks for parts but all in I'm happy with what I've got. I paid 6k for a 3.5k lbs machine with 500 hrs and it's done plenty of great work for me.

If the Chinese tractor fits your budget and your handy then get it and don't be afraid to source the parts.

/ Chinese Tractors #46  
Hi guys I am quite new to this forum. I have just bought myself a chinese tractor and yes i was sceptical for a while, there has been this constant bashing of chinese tractors...well products really. Every thing comes from china, and all machinery these days are coming from China including major international brands. I have posted before but feel the need to post again that the Agrison 80hp I recently purchased is made in the deutz fahr factory in china. and whats even more obvious is the overall quality finish, from the seals to the welding, paint job, hydraulic hoses is possibly the best I've seen on chinese tractors to date. I'm still in awe that i only paid $29,990 for it sorry don't want to be seen as a rant, but honestly chinese tractors have come a very long way and seeing as they are now even made in top factories with other international brands, could be the reason why they are evolving over time. very interested in hearing about everyone else and their experience with chinese tractors overall. would love to hear from you.

/ Chinese Tractors #47  
chinese tractors have come a very long way and seeing as they are now even made in top factories with other international brands,

What are the other international brands being made outside of the smaller JDs? How long have you owned your tractor, hours and what type of work does it do?

Last edited:
   / Chinese Tractors #48  
Every thing comes from china, and all machinery these days are coming from China including major international brands.

All the cheap stuff comes from China, but the good stuff still comes from other places. Even companies that make their cheap stuff in China tend to make their better stuff elsewhere.

/ Chinese Tractors #49  
I would buy a Chinese tractor, if I lived in a 3rd world country and had no money for anything better.

Even buying a 20 years old or gray market brand name machine is a better choice.

I've bought before Chinese ATVs, Gensets, and other stuff that I ended up scrapping or giving away after not much use as it needed constant attention (mostly small stuff, but annoying none the less).

/ Chinese Tractors #50  
I've only owned it a few months now, about 100 hours so far...so its still fairly new. but I've worked on so many chinese machinery int he past and lots of new holland, deutz, john deere etc. over the last 10 years I've seen better quality components been used on the chinese machines especially tractors.
deutz factory china is building some models, caterpillar have factories all over china- and I'm sure theres even more. and i think the quality of my tractor comes from the fact that its been built in the deutz factory so the same quality control, research, development etc this is obviously the trend the chinese manufacturers are moving toward to offer better quality