Chinese yes or Chinese no way??

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #41  
Sorry - I hate to be the one to ask... who is "CNH"?

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #42  
Case New Holland, the American subsidiary of Fiat that markets, Case, Farmall, New Holland and many other brands.

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #43  
Thanks... I guess I should have figured that out... senior moment /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks... I guess I should have figured that out... senior moment /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

I guess we could give you some slack, I noticed on your picture that all the hair around your muzzel has turned grey. You must be really OLD /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #45  
I bought my first tractor in May last year. I spent a lot of time looking at this site plus the Chinese tractor forum. From the pictures of the Chinese tractors and the web site, they looked to be heavier than the equivalent JD, NH or K. They also appeared to be quite crude in the area of castings and the "homemade" look of the electrical system.

My biggest concerns were it there was no concern for quality control on the items one could see, why would there be any on the parts one could not see.

Several sites discussed the assembly of the tractor if it came crated, and included the recommendation to replace the battery, hoses belts, etc with American items.

The nearest dealer is 100 + miles away. If I did buy the tractor, I would have to figure a way to get it home since my vehicle couldn't handle a tractor/trailer combination that heavy. In the end, I bought a 1998 JD 25 HP with 229 hours, Box Blade and FEL for only a little more than the Chinese tractors. At 5 years old, it still looked better than the new Chinese units. It's been reliable as a rock. I had to look for over a year to find a good "Big 3" used tractor since there is such a demand for them in the area I live in. Lots of 5 acre parcels. There was only one Chinese tractor on the used market and it was going for very little.

I won't buy a radically designed new car the year they come out because of unknown bugs. I won't buy a tractor with questionable heritage with known bugs. It just doesn't make sense.

If something happens to me and I want to sell the house and the tractor, I will have no trouble getting a decent price for the JD. I'd have to throw in the Chinese tractor with the house. People in this area (Central Coast of California) will pay the extra for a Lexus over a Hundai and a JD over a Jinma.

Joe

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #46  
Shamban,

I was looking at the Homier and Northern Tool tractors, too. I am assuming that's where you see these offered the most??

Even though I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Northern and never had any major problems, some of their stuff is just not what it is cracked up to be. Guess that's true of all order houses. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I don't know from experience how the Chinese tractors are, but after doing some research here on TBN, I shyed away from them. Even if I saved a little, it's still a lot of $$- too much to take a chance of wasting.

I bought a Mahindra 3510, as I wanted "bang for my buck." I looked at some other brands, but this one sort of suited my taste and had the features I wanted most.

The other brands I looked at were fine, but I was also scared off from the Long 4wd, as someone told me of major problems in the past with earler 2wd models. May have been 50 years ago, but I trust those long time operators and farmers who told me.

I wouldn't swear to these as facts, but these things affected my decision, which sounds similar to your dilema.

Hope this helps. One thing for sure, there isn't any shortage of opinions here at TBN /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Surely at least one of them will make sense to you.

Good luck.

-JC

/ Chinese yes or Chinese no way?? #47  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From Northern's website:
Nortrac 30 HP 4-Wheel Drive Diesel Tractor........$9999.99
Backhoe........................................................$5399.99
Front End Loader............................................$3699.99
Total...........................................................$19099.97

Mine:
John Deere 4310 MFWD eHydro.......................$15000.00
47 Backhoe................................................... $5000.00
430 Loader....................................................$3000.00
Total...........................................................$23000.00

Green paint expensive?

Warranty: Deere 24 Months Full - vs. - 6 months parts exchange
Transmission: Deere eHydro (a $3k upgrade) - vs. - gear
Parts network: No comparison is remotely possible.
Ergonomics: Climb on and off and work all effortlessly - vs. -
Quick change: Change loader or hoe in less than 6 minutes with no tools
- vs. - Change one in an hour with impact wrenches and a helper.

In short, if I wanted a tractor for less than mine, I could have gone to the gear version, or the 420 loader, or the 4210. I would still have a very capable machine and be less upfront than the Jinma.

Not to mention the low cost financing that I received on the Deere. Even my setup is CHEAPER overall when factored that way...

Similar comparisons are available in orange, orange, or blue...
)</font>

Excellent point

There will always be a market for "off brands". Every brand has its horror stories but no one can deny the weight the major players bring to the table. I would suggest anyone thinking of buying an "off brand" check with the major agricultural finance companies and see how much money they want a prospective buyer to put down on a used tractor of that brand. Obviously the more they want you to put down the less confidence they have in that brand. That will tell you a real world value of a tractor.