Chipper Questions

/ Chipper Questions #11  
Actually www is not needed on my system, I'm running Chrome.
Whether or not it's needed doesn't depend on the browser but on the way the website is set up. Mostly it's optional. I know of a few sites where in the past it was either required, or could not be used, but now I find it's optional for them. I never use it and haven't had an issue with that for at least five years.

Terry

/ Chipper Questions #12  
I have the Wallenstein 62r with hydro feed. Well worth the money, spend the money on the hydro feed if your going to run it that much. Simple design, works very well I have mine hooked up to my L45.

/ Chipper Questions #13  
I am thinking what Piston alluded to. If you are really going to use it 20 hr/week. Week in week out I would go with something that was commercial or close to it at least like his Vermeer.
That being said I am very happy with my old 5" BearCat. I have found that if you keep the knives sharp hydraulic isn't really necessary. It might help if you have a lot of softwood brush. That does take a little pushing if it is full.

Attachments

• Chipper1.JPG
    Chipper1.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Chipper3.JPG
    Chipper3.JPG
    793.9 KB · Views: 128
   / Chipper Questions #14  
I have been running a Valby 150 with a hydro feed which I acquired 15 years ago. Some years I put maybe 50 hours on it, others not as much. It is a very sold, well engineered unit and I believe with regular attention it would easily hold up under the kind of use the OP is speaking of. I have run it behind my Kubota 3710 for many years and even run it behind a 90 hp pto tractor. Technique and paying attention to what you are doing makes for a good days work and equipment that lasts a long time.