Chipper vs. Chipper/Shredder

/ Chipper vs. Chipper/Shredder #21  
I forgot my manners :p ...I didn't post a photo! I'm guessing the the chipper/shredder is much louder, but you need hearing and eye protection for both types. (and I'm one that usually doesn't wear safety stuff).

My only issue is having to unbolt all the guards to grease it. They have one access hole (yellow arrow on 2nd photo) but the main belt is in the way. :( Have not sharpen the blades but have used the unit for many hours.

I've attached a board on the grapple to help scoop up the piles. My dog loves the piles and rolls in them :cool2: which is much better than most of what he rolls in.

/ Chipper vs. Chipper/Shredder #22  
It is nice to have shredder capabilities for the small stuff. If you ever want to shred twigs, leaves, garden waste, or any other like materials, go for the shredder. It also works great for processing compost...

/ Chipper vs. Chipper/Shredder #23  
I'm looking at getting a woodmaxx 8" manual feed. Looks to be able to do everything I need (primarily junipers). I've go 38 acres that I'm reclaiming to put back into hay fields.

/ Chipper vs. Chipper/Shredder #24  
I'm looking at getting a woodmaxx 8" manual feed. Looks to be able to do everything I need (primarily junipers). I've go 38 acres that I'm reclaiming to put back into hay fields.

That one is, I believe, a rebadged Jinna...have your wrenches handy.

For 38 acres, you might want to consider a used commercial chipper.