chisel plow HP required?

/ chisel plow HP required? #11  
Depends.... There are wide sweeps made for SOME chisel plows. Takes mega-HP to pull'em.

/ chisel plow HP required?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Check your rear tires air pressure. If they have to much air in them it'll cause it to spin easier. )</font>

What is the recommend air pressure for the rear tires? I have them at 20psi right now, and the fronts at 30 psi.

/ chisel plow HP required? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">(
Check your rear tires air pressure. If they have to much air in them it'll cause it to spin easier. )</font>

What is the recommend air pressure for the rear tires? I have them at 20psi right now, and the fronts at 30 psi. )</font>

That depends on tire type.... Radials differ from bias ply.

Industrials differ from AG, and from turf...

I run from 10 to 12 PSI in rears on my tractors. (20 sounds high for any type to me) I have a couple tractors with radials and a few with bias ply (All AG tread) The one 4WD has 16 in the fronts. Most any tractor tires I'm familiar with will wear out in the middle if you run too much air....

Also, look on the tire sidewall. There's usually a recomendation from the manufacturer.

When plowing, both moldboard or chisel, I usually let the pressure down to 8 or 9 PSI (on radials) and 9 to 11 PSI (on bias ply). It doesn't hurt to see the sidewall "wrinkle" a bit under that sort of pull. (Radials SHOULD wrinkle under load or pull)

/ chisel plow HP required? #14  
Like Indydirtfarmer said, most of the farmers I know ran about 12 psi in the rears and 16 to 24 psi in the front.

/ chisel plow HP required? #15  
Like the others posted I run 8-12 psi in the rears. Don't have 4wd so know nothing about that at all. I've never run radials either. The tires on my Long are 16.9-28 long bar short bar. The Farmtrac is 16.9-30 long bar.

This could be a whole other subject. I like the long bar short bar best. Or I should say it works better in this soil.

Let us know if you try to pull the plow again with lower tire pressure and your results. Please. Good luck.

/ chisel plow HP required?
I spent all day picking up my new (used) implements. I did lower the tire pressure to 12 psi but did not try pulling yet. The tires do make a much better contact with the ground though. Before it was just the middle touching. I never really bothered to check the tires before. I had them loaded at the farm tire place and they aired them up. I asked the guy how much air he put in and he said twenty psi. I just assumed this was right. When I checked them today before I lowered them one had 21psi and the other 25. Hopefully it will help.