Comparison Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From?

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #11  
So, perhaps a Green/Orange, both 2320. Wish I had more to consider sometimes. How comfortable would you be dealing with a more remote, less robust dealership?

I would not feel comfortable at all dealing with a distant dealer who is operating on a shoestring. If you buy a Kubota, Deere, New Holland, or perhaps other model, you will find all the parts support you need online. Whatever model you buy, know ahead of time what to expect.

I have taken my tractor back to my dealer one time for the 50 hr service and some warranty work at the same time. However, I've been in my dealership many times to buy repair parts or take in parts that I've brought to exchange under warranty. I know I have a special relationship with my dealer, but I have not had my tractor back there in over 1600 hours. I have been a good customer at the local dealer's parts counter and online from messicks.com when I need parts. If I have a major breakdown though, I know I'll have the support I need without hauling my tractor several hours. I want a dealer close enough to leave after breakfast, drop off the tractor, and be home before lunch. I don't want a dealer of any kind that I have to travel to and stay in a motel overnight.:eek:

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #12  
I would not feel comfortable at all dealing with a distant dealer who is operating on a shoestring. If you buy a Kubota, Deere, New Holland, or perhaps other model, you will find all the parts support you need online. Whatever model you buy, know ahead of time what to expect.

I have taken my tractor back to my dealer one time for the 50 hr service and some warranty work at the same time. However, I've been in my dealership many times to buy repair parts or take in parts that I've brought to exchange under warranty. I know I have a special relationship with my dealer, but I have not had my tractor back there in over 1600 hours. I have been a good customer at the local dealer's parts counter and online from messicks.com when I need parts. If I have a major breakdown though, I know I'll have the support I need without hauling my tractor several hours. I want a dealer close enough to leave after breakfast, drop off the tractor, and be home before lunch. I don't want a dealer of any kind that I have to travel to and stay in a motel overnight.:eek:

Jim, while what you say may be true, what are you suppose to do when there are no local dealers that you can count on? Believe it or not , the situation does exist for many many people. :(

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #13  
Jim, while what you say may be true, what are you suppose to do when there are no local dealers that you can count on? Believe it or not , the situation does exist for many many people. :(

I think what I meant to say may have been a bit vague. I would not have a problem buying a tractor from a distance if that dealer is an established dealer who has a way of supporting me for parts. I would not drive 100 or more miles away and buy from a dealer who mainly sells used cars and has a few tractors too. If I had local red, blue, green, or orange dealers, I especially would not buy from someone with is selling a bargain tractor who is a long way from where I live.

I understand many people don't have a choice but to buy from a distant dealer. When that happens, even that dealer should meet minimum requirements. I am responding to bp_fick's saying a "less robust" dealer.

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #14  
I believe one is limited to three colour choices or a mix of them as well as the absence of all colour!:D:D

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #15  
Some do all of there own servicing and minor repairs and some do none. Some even do what many would consider as major repairs. If a major problem develops, even a few hundred miles to the dealer is not a significant portion of the cost. It is completely dependent on the buyers comfort level after he/she weighs all the pros and cons.
I've owned a wide range of tractors over the years - JD A, JD 60, Ford 5000 (new), 50 hp White 4wd, 80hp SAME 4wd (air cooled deisel), 65 hp Nufield, Farmall A and the new Kioti. I've yet to take a tractor to a dealer for repair. Its not that I'm a great mechanic - I'm just cheap! (Only engine problem was on the JD A in about 1967 when my dad still owned the farm - can't let the oil get low) My current dealer (Wallace) has sent what I've needed quickly - I receive it within 2 days. There's no guarantee that the local dealers would stock what is needed anyway. I waited back in 1974 for a shaft for a less than 1 year old square baler for about 6 days as a nice field of nice green hay turned very brown. That dealer is about 7 miles away and now carries the orange tractor. (My baler was an Allis Chalmers)

Good luck with your shopping!
Loren

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #16  
In your travels it would be worth your while to stop by Michigan Iron in Morrice, MI. :cool2: Morrice is near Lansing, MI about 2 1/2 hours (per google maps) from Grayling. I'd say they are master fabricators and custom build alot of the attachments they sell. Lots of positive feedback has been posted here on TBN. I know they have delivered to the UP so Grayling could be an option..... :thumbsup:

Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

Don

PS: Snow blades with full hydraulics is one of their specialties! :licking:

Last edited:
   / Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #17  
Some people on this forum make such a huge of dealers. I have only owned my tractor for about a year but unless the tractor is different from everything else I own with a motor I don稚 see a huge need for a dealer other than parts. Once an item is out of warranty I much prefer the price and service I get from independent shops. We have local auto shop that does all my work for about $20.00 less per hour than dealers. I know several tractor mechanics that work at dealerships that do work on the side which is the route I will take if I run into a problem I can稚 fix myself.

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #18  
You got a point there. Your tractor choices are limited... To red, green, or blue. Ok, a combination thereof :D

The absence of color though, does your tractor have a cloaking mode? Klingon inspired by chance :D

I believe one is limited to three colour choices or a mix of them as well as the absence of all colour!:D:D

/ Choices? How Many Colors Do You Have To Choose From? #19  
I live outside the greater Sacramento area. I think you can find about any brand tractor here.

I know of Kubota, John deere, New Holland, Mahindra, Massey, Bobcat, Catepillar. You can find other brands around too. A guy nearby used to deal Kioti'; not sure who does now but pretty sure there is something still in the area.

I have a really good local guy that sells Massey's, but does more general repair stuff. I just got my new used NH from him.

Someone mentioned if dealers were really necessary, as reliable as these tractors are these days. It is nice to have a local contact. At least with my previous Kubota, I never needed much support; it pretty much only saw regular maintenance. So I could have, done everything by mail/internet. Kinda nice though, as a small business owner, to support other local businesses.