Choose ONE!!! All-in-one SCUT or zero turn + 40hp tractor w/ FEL?

/ Choose ONE!!! All-in-one SCUT or zero turn + 40hp tractor w/ FEL? #11  
I was in the same boat as you are, a few months back. Bought a Kubota B2620 for a little over two acres. The compact Kubota is great at doing everything, but is a little big for trimming around small trees. The foldable rops are a big advantage over the BX for me since I have a lot of low hanging fruit trees. A ZTR would be great, but I can't justify the cost of another machine, and I can't spare the storage space. A great compromise for me was purchasing a used commercial walk behind mower. They are as maneuverable as a zero turn, are almost as fast, and are much more stable on hills. Plus, you can get a sulky and ride it. I use the walk behind to mow those parts of my lot that are too steep or too tight for me to feel comfortable mowing on the Kubota. A viable option to consider if you are budget and space conscious.

/ Choose ONE!!! All-in-one SCUT or zero turn + 40hp tractor w/ FEL? #12  
What about a third combination: used GT (like a JD455) and the 40hp tractor. GT's are more versatile than zero turns, and if you get one with 4 wheel steer it'll cut just about as fast as a zero turn. The GT can be equipped with tillers, plows, garden cart, etc., and fit into places the bigger tractors cannot.

I have a JD 425 AWS and a Kioti CK25 TLB. I use the CK for heavy lifting, serious ground engagement. I use the 425 GT for mowing, snow plowing, and light garden towing. I like the GT better for snow plowing due to tight spaces around cars, buildings, etc., and I can push sideways in an 11 foot wide driveway; can't do that with the CK. The CK stays off the lawn almost entirely to prevent rutting and compaction.

Of course, for similar money a used SCUT is equally as versatile. My view of SCUTS: Not the ideal mower or ideal earth mover, but is a do-all machine, if you really need for just one machine to do it all.

Basically, it depends on your topography and exact uses. Tight spaces and a lot of low hanging branches points to a GT/zero turn. The more open your space the more usable a bigger tractor becomes. The big tractors require more space and are hard on your lawn especially for mowing, and the little tractors struggle to move much dirt. On the other hand, if you don't need a great big tiller, and don't have many other earth engagement projects, then perhaps a high end GT is all you need. A good used JD455 (and similar) can be had for under $5K, and there are many very effective, high quality attachments for it.

The zero turn or a commercial walk behind are excellent choices for mowing, as long as other "garden tasks" aren't needed and your land conditions allow for such machines.

But to your original question, I'd opt for the latter. It's just much more capable.

/ Choose ONE!!! All-in-one SCUT or zero turn + 40hp tractor w/ FEL? #13  
If the two acres will always be just two acres, then the big tractor hardly seems worth it.

I have a L3430 on 12 acres. 2 acres with house and lawn, 10 acres across the road with a rental mobile home, my horses and their pasture/woods.

We mow with a 22hp garden tractor (Husq is working at the moment). A slightly older sears 22hp garden tractor waits in the back of the barn as backup.....

The larger kubota tractor was justified for snow removal first and everthing else second.....

We just paid off the Kubota and at this point we have a backhoe, brush hog, forks and hope to get a nice grapple next summer.

I've mowed the yard with the brush hog when the cheapo mowers are down but the wife really hates it... :)

=========
I would never get a zero turn for my property but that is just a choice thing. Hills and near water just is not good on one of those in my humble opinion.

If budget was no limit, I would like a nice kubota 4wd diesel garden tractor to replace the sears and husq. we have.

/ Choose ONE!!! All-in-one SCUT or zero turn + 40hp tractor w/ FEL? #14  
=========
If budget was no limit, I would like a nice kubota 4wd diesel garden tractor to replace the sears and husq. we have.
The Kubota BX1500 is nicer than a kubota 4wd diesel garden tractor yet cost about the same.