Buying Advice Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #11  
I'll add my name to the list of happy Kioti owners. I've had two, a 2003 CK20 and now a 2007 DK40se. Very happy with both. Neither ever needed to go back to the dealer in a total of about 700 hours. I do my own maintenance and warranty items have been limited to a seat belt retractor, cracked fuel bowl and that is about it. Tough solid machines.

JD and Kubota are the big players but Kioti and Mahindra and a few others make equally good tractors at much better prices.

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #12  
I bought a CK25 HST in 2004, used it for 8 years and put 1,288 hours on it. The only problem I had was the seat plastic cracked and the foam started to break up. My dealer gave me a seat off a CK30 that someone had totalled. :cool2:

In April 2012, we traded our "well-loved" CK25 on a DK40se Cab model, which now has 370 hours, but haven't had any problems. :thumbsup:

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #13  
I would go with Kioti and the fact that they have a close dealer and service as well is all the better. I have such a bad taste for Green and the other Orange now because of what they are doing to their Dealers that I will go out of my way to not buy their product.
Our NX4510HST has been a wonderful addition!!

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #15  
I just glanced at that thread Pappy, and it reminded me of how much I love simplicity. Don't the John Deere 4000 series have fancy proprietary valves that would be a pain if not impossible to replace with something else? If my Kioti were behaving that way I could simply replace the valve for a few hundred dollars and would have my pick of valves to use. I don't think you can do that with a 4066R. However, I don't know if you can do that on the fancier Kiotis either. I have the value model, which in some ways makes things simpler.

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models
Greetings,
Last month I started this thread, and thanks in large measure to the advice and comments the respondents have posted I finally decided on the Kioti NX5510H, and put a deposit on one at our local dealer today - should get here from Texas in a week or two. This model has 55bhp gross/43.1pto hp, a three-range hydrostatic transmission, and weighs 4211 lbs bare with empty ag tires. I ordered mine with industrial tires and will have them water-filled. Also ordered the frontloader, so I think final weight after putting on a box scraper will be right around 3 tons. I plan to rob the heavy-duty, beat-up old box scraper off my Ford 801 Powermaster. Either the factory or dealer will install top & tilt function, with quick-connect couplers so in the future if I want to weld up a homemade brush grapple to bolt onto the front loader all I'll need to do is switch one of the couplers off the box scraper and switch it over to the grapple cylinder. If anyone expresses interest I could give my initial overall impression of how the tractor performs. Until I've put a few hundred hours on it, however, such first impressions probably aren't of too much real value. I'll be giving it a good workout (see my opening query for intended uses), so time will tell. Thanks again to all for your helpful input.
Brycedanville

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #17  
Greetings,
Last month I started this thread, and thanks in large measure to the advice and comments the respondents have posted I finally decided on the Kioti NX5510H, and put a deposit on one at our local dealer today - should get here from Texas in a week or two. This model has 55bhp gross/43.1pto hp, a three-range hydrostatic transmission, and weighs 4211 lbs bare with empty ag tires. I ordered mine with industrial tires and will have them water-filled. Also ordered the frontloader, so I think final weight after putting on a box scraper will be right around 3 tons. I plan to rob the heavy-duty, beat-up old box scraper off my Ford 801 Powermaster. Either the factory or dealer will install top & tilt function, with quick-connect couplers so in the future if I want to weld up a homemade brush grapple to bolt onto the front loader all I'll need to do is switch one of the couplers off the box scraper and switch it over to the grapple cylinder. If anyone expresses interest I could give my initial overall impression of how the tractor performs. Until I've put a few hundred hours on it, however, such first impressions probably aren't of too much real value. I'll be giving it a good workout (see my opening query for intended uses), so time will tell. Thanks again to all for your helpful input.
Brycedanville

Congrats! Pics when you get it are mandatory :)

Definitely follow up over time...that's really where the rubber meets the road.

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #18  
Greetings,
Brycedanville

Get all 3 sets of remotes like Eric did, you won't regret it! Enjoy.:)

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #19  
Congrats !

/ Choosing between Kioti and John Deere in 40-to-50 HP models #20  
Good choice, there is more than just Deere out there.