Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
After researching for over 2 years I decided I was ready for my upgrade from my BX22 (which by the way was a awesome tractor) to a larger B platform. I felt the new B2920 was a perfect fit for my needs present and future offering more HP for ground engagements as well as a larger platform (but not too large) for my smaller property for around the house work and woods at my other 24 acreage.

I originally vacillated on keeping the BX for my smaller property and getting a used larger tractor for my other 24 but I never was happy with the used inventory I looked at not to mentioned the idea of not using the 2nd tractor as much as I would like since getting to my larger property at this time is infrequent, so I began looking at new.

One major issue I had was that when I had the BX I personally hated the MMM. Although it cut like a dream, the task of taking the MMM off for any woods work or the time it took to take implements or attachments back off to cut the grass then back on again I decided that if / when I took the plunge for a new tractor platform I would use the MMM money and put it towards a dedicated ZTM (i.e. a low end Toro or maybe a Scag).

So, when I sold the BX back in February I initially thought I would hold out for better financing terms from Kubota (i.e. 0% for 60 month) however I called Brady Barlow of Barlow Farm Equipment in the meantime. He (like my former Kubota dealer Robert Wolf of Woodbury Tractor) was a real gentleman to deal with. I am not sure why it is so rare to find a dealers as professional and courteous as Brady is but it was a real pleasure working with him. What also worked in my favor was the fact that I had a business trip to TN last month which was only 2 hours from Brady's dealership in KY so I took the ride up and when I walked on the lot I saw a 2009 B2920 TLB loaded to the gills (even came with a LA504 quick attach loader) - it was love at first sight and if that wasnt enough I was able to look at a number of slightly used ZD21 and Brady put together a nice package for both the B and ZD.

Both were delivered this past weekend.

I wanted to share these pics since you guys were a huge part of my decision making process. Thanks for all that answered to my PM's as well as the many exchanges on these threads I hope I wasnt too much of a PIA!

One pic is from Bradys lot the others from my home.

Happy and Safe Tractoring to all.

~jim

Attachments

• P1010261.JPG
    P1010261.JPG
    601.2 KB · Views: 355
  • P1010281.JPG
    P1010281.JPG
    725.1 KB · Views: 344
  • P1010307.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 391
  • P1010285.JPG
    P1010285.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 440
  • P1010283.JPG
    P1010283.JPG
    726.3 KB · Views: 265
  • P1010286.JPG
    P1010286.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 347
  • P1010289.JPG
    P1010289.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 411
   / Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #2  
nice looking workhorses you got there congrats

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #3  
Congratulations, but let me warn you. Trading with Barlows can become addictive!:)

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #4  
The best part about Brady is he's just as easy to deal with after the sale. Even if you aren't close by.

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #5  
Wow, nice one - two punch there !:)

Kubota has sure hit the mark with their TLB style tractor / backhoe combination.

Congratulations on your new tools !!

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #6  
Congratulations, you did real good. Brady is a class act.

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #7  
What a sweet combo. I wasn't aware you could get a QA loader setup on the B2x20 series!

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #9  
Wow. Congratulations times 2. I agree with your decision to have a dedicated mower. If I ever trade up, I'd go a similar route. I'm glad I kept my wheel horse - use it to mow with quite often instead of switching out the FEL for the MMM on the BX. Woodbury is a beautiful area. Use to do some business with Woodbury Telephone a few years back. Now it's just a nostalgic memory.

/ Christmas in April with Santa Barlow and a B2920 + ZD21 #10  
After researching for over 2 years I decided I was ready for my upgrade from my BX22 (which by the way was a awesome tractor) to a larger B platform. I felt the new B2920 was a perfect fit for my needs present and future offering more HP for ground engagements as well as a larger platform (but not too large) for my smaller property for around the house work and woods at my other 24 acreage.

I originally vacillated on keeping the BX for my smaller property and getting a used larger tractor for my other 24 but I never was happy with the used inventory I looked at not to mentioned the idea of not using the 2nd tractor as much as I would like since getting to my larger property at this time is infrequent, so I began looking at new.

One major issue I had was that when I had the BX I personally hated the MMM. Although it cut like a dream, the task of taking the MMM off for any woods work or the time it took to take implements or attachments back off to cut the grass then back on again I decided that if / when I took the plunge for a new tractor platform I would use the MMM money and put it towards a dedicated ZTM (i.e. a low end Toro or maybe a Scag).

So, when I sold the BX back in February I initially thought I would hold out for better financing terms from Kubota (i.e. 0% for 60 month) however I called Brady Barlow of Barlow Farm Equipment in the meantime. He (like my former Kubota dealer Robert Wolf of Woodbury Tractor) was a real gentleman to deal with. I am not sure why it is so rare to find a dealers as professional and courteous as Brady is but it was a real pleasure working with him. What also worked in my favor was the fact that I had a business trip to TN last month which was only 2 hours from Brady's dealership in KY so I took the ride up and when I walked on the lot I saw a 2009 B2920 TLB loaded to the gills (even came with a LA504 quick attach loader) - it was love at first sight and if that wasnt enough I was able to look at a number of slightly used ZD21 and Brady put together a nice package for both the B and ZD.

Both were delivered this past weekend.

I wanted to share these pics since you guys were a huge part of my decision making process. Thanks for all that answered to my PM's as well as the many exchanges on these threads I hope I wasnt too much of a PIA!

One pic is from Bradys lot the others from my home.

Happy and Safe Tractoring to all.

~jim
Congrats on the 2