Christmas Mule

/ Christmas Mule #11  
Jinman,

What a great Christmas gift! I'm sure your at the top of the girlfriends list. One thing though, what about that tree sitting on the seat, next to your girlfriend /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif? Is that for shade in the hot Texas sun /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif?

Don

/ Christmas Mule #12  
Jim.........you can set the f/r lever in between and start the motor in neutral on my ST 350. I know because that's what I did when I by-passed the governor .................... No reason you couldn't run it while dumping the bed the same way..........also performance off road in ariz. makes a hi-stall torque conv. spring for more low end that also will allow idle without movement. although you still must keep your foot on the go pedal. Nice mule, by the way.........That's the most beautiful mule I've ever seen..........The UTV kawasaki is nice TOO !! (Sorry..........couldn't resist that one !!)................Tom

/ Christmas Mule
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what about that tree sitting on the seat )</font>

That's a postoak, a.k.a. Texas Christmas tree. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Did you notice all the snow on the ground too? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Christmas Mule
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No reason you couldn't run it while dumping the bed the same way )</font>

Tom, your post was full of the kind of info that will make this forum a really useful source for lots of folks. I guess my dealer didn't know the full set of "tricks" as you do. I just like to have the engine running so the battery doesn't get drained by the lift. That's not so important when the battery is new, but when it gets old and weaker it's nice to use the engine's generator as a backup. I was really impressed with the starter-generator on the ST350. It looks heavy duty and if it can handle the current in starting mode, surely it will put out a decent amount of current in the generator mode too.

I guess I should also correct something I said about the Kubota RTV900 in my earlier post. I indicated that the Kubota was "stripped down" for the base price. After reading all the information on Kubota's site, I realize they are building four specific models tailored to specific uses. The standard features of the RTV900 (3-range HST, wet disc brakes, front bumper) are all equal or much better than any other UTV. I do find it strange that a glove box and storage box are options. My major complaint is making claims and releasing information long before the machine is shipping. Maybe they learned their marketing technique from Bill Gates.

/ Christmas Mule #15  
<font color="blue">Did you notice all the snow on the ground too? </font>

Now that's the kind of snow /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I could live with! It's a little gray /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, but ya can't have everything.

Don

/ Christmas Mule
Hey Bird, I think I found a source for that metal roof for the Mule. It's Essex Manufacturing and they are located in Southlake, TX. I drive right by them on the way to and from work everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I sent them an email to check on their prices. Here is a link for anyone interested.

Essex Mfg. Kawasaki Mule Accessories

/ Christmas Mule #17  
Jim, those do look about like what my brother had. His was installed by a Mule dealer, but of course that doesn't mean it came from Kawasaki. It's possible that's the brand he had.

/ Christmas Mule
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( accessories for your accessory )</font>

She's far more than an "accessory." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...and if I were to spend that much on her after buying her the Mule, she'd knuckle my head for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Besides... Why would we want to mess up a good thing by gettin' hitched? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Christmas Mule #20  
Jim........The glow from the mule could light up the surrounding area and would save wear & tear on the kaw's charging system.............I'm just looking out for the best interest of the equipment !! (You believe that right??) .........Tom