Cinder block culvert

/ Cinder block culvert
Thanks all for your replies.... I actually only expected great advice but actually found someone who't tried it and PM'd it as a no-go!
I'm on to poly-pipe now...
This is a great forum!

/ Cinder block culvert #12  
Too bad people relate good info through the pm system. I have people try to pm me in other forums sometimes for info, and I try to explain to them that answering in the forum is the way to do it, so everyone can see the good ideas and info. The pm system is for things you do not want everyone else to see and know about.

/ Cinder block culvert #13  
Deleted...

/ Cinder block culvert #14  
image-2684680032.jpg

This works well. Self build.

/ Cinder block culvert #15  
During heavy rains water flows over it, while still providing a solid surface to drive over.

Rest of the year, slow but steady stream flows underneath through the culverts.

/ Cinder block culvert #16  
I have placed 6 inch plastic PVC sewer pipe under a few drive ways and it has stood up well on one that was very near the surface I put old RR ties on both sides of it to help support it, and it has been there now 20 years,

and I would doubt that the PVC would be any more expensive than the block would be,

/ Cinder block culvert #17  
Sounds like a lot of money and effort for something that will fail pretty quickly. The soil under the blocks will move regardless of house flat and smooth you make it. Then each gap between each block will catch sediment that will build up in time until the openings are completely blocked. Even if you had all the blocks and they where free, it's not worth the time and effort to put into doing it with such a high degree of failure in a very short amount of time.

Buy a proper culvert and do it once. Then enjoy the rest of your life doing other things and not having to mess with it again.

Eddie

/ Cinder block culvert
Finished. Thanks for the advice, gents.
Of note, some sort of wild animal has decided to crap on it every few days or so.... what's up with that???

Attachments

• IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 318
   / Cinder block culvert #19  
Finished. Thanks for the advice, gents.
Of note, some sort of wild animal has decided to crap on it every few days or so.... what's up with that???

nice work!, sounds about right with the animals

/ Cinder block culvert #20  
Is that Polyethylene pipe? If so, I like it much more than the galvanized steel pipes. Looks like it will work well.