CK 20s Throwout Bearing Noise

/ CK 20s Throwout Bearing Noise #11  
(Ironhorse) Most throwout bearing carriers have a grease fitting on them(but maybe not yours) , it is either screwed straight into the bottom of the carrier and is accessed via a removable plate at the bottom of the bellhousing or sometimes a flexible hose connected to the bottom of the carrier and a grease nipple protruding from that same removable bottom plate on the bellhousing .
=================

I'll go over the underside of that bell housing today and see if i can't find a zerk that might accomplish this. I don' know if everybody is hearing the same sound but I kind of think we are close. In my case this sound is most prevalent when the tractor warms up but it can also be intermittent. I'm starting to think maybe we should leave them adjusted and accept the whrring sound experienced as the slack zone which keeps the bearing close but not in contact with PP. Thanks

rimshot

/ CK 20s Throwout Bearing Noise
Thanks for all the replies. I wouldn't adjust the clutch to compensate for the noise as doing so will result in excess pressure on the bearing. I'm going to look for any zerk fittings this weekend. I must say that I don't like the racket and will call the dealer to evaluate when I get a chance.

Thanks again,

Greg

/ CK 20s Throwout Bearing Noise #13  
I found my Kubota squealed a bit when it was very cold (-10 to -20C) but quieted down after it warmed up.

Is that a Dane or an English Mastiff lounging on his/her nice leather sofa? Very nice mask :)

/ CK 20s Throwout Bearing Noise
Northland,

That would be an English Mastiff. I have three dogs (Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Lab and Mastiff) and usually we humans have to fight to get a chair!

Greg