CK 27 4WD

/ CK 27 4WD #1  

Loren49

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27, 1940s Farmall A
Problem with 4wd shift lever. Stuck in 4wd but shifter moves with no resistance. Any ideas. (2008 CK27 manual trans)

/ CK 27 4WD #2  
No resistance? Linkage disconnected?

You know you are moving something with my 4x shifter, not stiff but you can feel mechanical stuff shifting.

Other than that simple possibility I have no ideas. Good luck.

/ CK 27 4WD #3  
With no resistance check for disconnected linkage or a broken pin in the linkage.

/ CK 27 4WD
I think the problem is internal. Pin on linkage is intact.

/ CK 27 4WD #5  
Well if it is inside then you should get it looks after by your dealer or mechanic. I could not live with a locked up 4x4 that is fine if you do not intend to go on the road with it. It sounds serious get it look at before you do any damage to it that could be costly in the long run.

/ CK 27 4WD
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take a look at it shortly. Drain fluid and remove bottom plate and should be able to see what's up. I have the service manual on dvd and should be abe to see the problem.

Loren

/ CK 27 4WD
I drained transmission fluid and removed bottom plate (where drain plug is located).

Found the worn part that no longer reached the gear channel. It had been ground away. There were filings and a pea sized peice on the drain plug magnet. I removed the part...disconnect arm outside trans and a small retainer and was able to remove worn piece from inside trans.

Ordered new peice ($50 with shipping) and assembled yesterday. All is well again and shifter works fine. Can see no good reason for the failure but no harm was done to anything else.

Loren

/ CK 27 4WD #8  
Glad you got it fixed but that sure is weird I wonder what caused it.

/ CK 27 4WD #9  
How many days did it take to get the part?

/ CK 27 4WD
Close to a week to get part but dealer said Kioti Parts in NC had major flooding in the area from hurricane. Their building was fine but many roads were flooded.